Backing up apps before a rom install?

Gangrif

Reaction score
I'm considering installing a custom rom on my Incredible.

I'm hesitant to do so for a few reasons, the biggest being the saved data in my apps. Two in particular. Password keeper (which i'm sure i could work around) and an authenticator app that I have from Blizzard Entertainment.
I had to reinstall my phone once before, when rooting it went all wrong, and when i did, i had to reinstall the authenticator, which then caused the tokens generated by the authenticator to no longer match up with Blizzard's end.

it seems to me that this data must be stored somewhere on the phone, and i should be able to back it up somehow.

Thanks!

adsfa34

Reaction score
I'm considering installing a custom rom on my Incredible.

I'm hesitant to do so for a few reasons, the biggest being the saved data in my apps. Two in particular. Password keeper (which i'm sure i could work around) and an authenticator app that I have from Blizzard Entertainment.
I had to reinstall my phone once before, when rooting it went all wrong, and when i did, i had to reinstall the authenticator, which then caused the tokens generated by the authenticator to no longer match up with Blizzard's end.

it seems to me that this data must be stored somewhere on the phone, and i should be able to back it up somehow.

Thanks!

Titanium Backup is the best app I've used to backup apps + data. It's easy and fast. It should backup your app data properly. But just in case, always make a nandroid backup before doing *anything* in recovery. That way you can always go back and everything will be just as you left it.