Back to stock

themistah

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me I uninstalled safestrap and installed again.....it worked right after that..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eye_dea

Reaction score
I rooted and installed Eclipse yesterday. I would like to return to bone stock. I have RSD Lite installed. What else do I need and where do I find them (that is not a bad link)? I was on the official .902 update. Thanks for any help!

BTW: I am using Safestrap. I went to my unsafe system(stock), and now it won't let me back to Eclipse. I says that it cannot restore data.

Why are you going bone stock?
You dont have to use RSDlite. You can just flash the system.img and the preinstall.img using moto-fastboot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dan j

Reaction score
Can someone help me return a used S4 to stock? I think it has a custom ROM on it, but I have no idea which one. All I know is that when it starts up there is an open padlock displayed, the update to Kitkat won't upload and Vz says it has one. I dunno where to look to figure out which ROM it has, it seems very similar to my, non-rooted S4.

Does it even matter which ROM it has? I read something about a Verizon program but don't want to use it unless it's safe to do so on any custom ROM. Also the phone isn't with me, so I'll give forward a link to the solution on - can it be done using just the phone or do you need a computer?

Thanks in advance

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Go into settings then about phone and tell us if it says custom. There should be an OS version there as well.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Settings - about phone should tell you what it is running. An open padlock... Coming from nexus type devices usually means an unlocked bootloader. My Samsung knowledge is limited, but I'm almost positive you will require Odin and a computer. Wait for others input.

Oh wow sorry Jeffrey. Got ninja'd apparently. :(

Sent from my DE Moto X

Last edited:

dan j

Reaction score
Yes, it says device status is custom. Shows OS Android version 4.3.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
List the Baseband & Kernel versions. ROM build number may help as well.

dan j

Reaction score
Baseband : l545VRUEMK2
Kernel: 3.4.0
Build Number: JSS15J.l545VRUEMK2

I hope that's what you requested.