Back button press registers two presses.

akhi216

Reaction score
When using a browser on my D3, a back button press gets registered as two back button presses like 88% of the time. Factory resets have not automatically solved the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what's happening?

Edit: Update: Issue resolved *thanks rvcjew*. Pulled battery and uninstalled Skyfire.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

rvcjew

Reaction score
i do not have this problem but im also using dolphin hd, does it do it in every app like in settings?

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
i do not have this problem but im also using dolphin hd, does it do it in every app like in settings?

No. It does it in every browser app; it doesn't do it in non-browser apps. I have Dolphin HD and it does it on that browser without fail.

rvcjew

Reaction score
odd only in browser apps huh? how long you holding the button they're sensitive little buggers i like nano tap mine lol.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
odd only in browser apps huh? how long you holding the button they're sensitive little buggers i like nano tap mine lol.

I only tap it once lightly. I didn't not have this problem when I first got the phone and I don't have a problem with it on non-browser apps.

I'm sure that it is a software issue because I just opened a browser, clicked a link then clicked another link, pressed the back button and it registered two times to take me back to the Google homepage, so I pressed forward and it skipped forward twice and the forward button is under the menu.

I'm going to play with it a little more (no jokes please lol).

rvcjew

Reaction score
I only tap it once lightly. I didn't not have this problem when I first got the phone and I don't have a problem with it on non-browser apps.

I'm sure that it is a software issue because I just opened a browser, clicked a link then clicked another link, pressed the back button and it registered two times to take me back to the Google homepage, so I pressed forward and it skipped forward twice and the forward button is under the menu.

I'm going to play with it a little more (no jokes please lol).

alright sorry was not meaning to be mean. that does really suck but i agree i dont think its a hardware issue, some code must be messed up. have u tried a battery pull( not just turning off phone.)

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
I read somewhere that it was a known software glitch with the Moto Cliq.

I'm sure that I'm not pressing the back button twice because it's only registering two button presses per back button press in browsers applications. Perhaps it may have something to do with my history being paused?

@rvcjew - Gonna try the battery pull now.

OP
A

akhi216

Reaction score
what u mean by paused?

There is an option to pause your history on Google History. When your history is paused, none of your searches get saved and you won't be offered suggestions based on your past Google searches. When your search history is cleared, it is automatically paused and you have to manually unpause it if you want it to resume saving searches.

The battery pull did the trick (somewhat). When I first turn the phone back on, I was having all kinds of problems with the back button and the forward button under menu. After about a minute everything is running smoothly for the time being.

rvcjew

Reaction score
yeah defiantly software. You using an app killer? I use advanced task killer and if i have wrong things excluded then my hardware keyboard will stop deleting and my software key board wont even work. if your using anything like that then u should tell me what u got excluded. also im on skype to under my username

rvcjew

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know we solved his issue it was skyfire. If u install that if u don't get bootloops then u will get this. Also if u do mess something up remember u can always start your phone in safe mode by holding s on hard keyboard while the phones boots. This will allow you to uninstall said rouge app.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk