Awesome little speaker

M

Matth3w

For those of you with Droids, iPods, iPhones, iPads or anything similar that are looking for a portable speaker to take with you so when you are in a hotel with the AC blazing or something, you can hear it louder than the external speaker...look no further!

My wife and I were on a trip where we were in the hotel and wanted to watch a TV show on the iPad. The external speaker is pretty decent on the iDevices unless other stuff is going on, in which case, it's hard to hear ****. Same thing with my Moto Droid although it really doesn't matter because I don't use it much anymore outside of tethering and basic phone stuff. Anyhow...

So I wanted to find a small, portable, inexpensive speaker to take with me on trips just in case this happens and I found a great one!

It's called the x-mini, it recharges via USB cable (so no switching AA batteries etc), is small, and sounds pretty damn good for a small, inexpensive speaker. It works collapsed but you can also twist it and it sort of pops open like an accordion which makes it sound better.

Here's some crappy quality pics:

4640522428_97f65a1a49.jpg

4639918601_edc1688974.jpg

4639919531_9edd9aff5d.jpg

Here's where you can find it for 30 bucks:

Amazon.com link

OP
M

Matth3w

That's pretty cool too but it's a little bigger than I'm looking for.

As for owning Apple stuff....LOVE my iPad.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what is the biggest benefit of it in your case? my family just couldn't find a place for it to fit in without overlapping all the other gadgets I've brought in, but that's just us :)

That's pretty cool too but it's a little bigger than I'm looking for.

As for owning Apple stuff....LOVE my iPad.

OP
M

Matth3w

I travel constantly. I can do everything i need to do on a business trip on this thing and the battery lasts 10 times as long as a gaming laptop. I ditched my ereader, archos video player, and laptop. A lot of the apps are great. Even sitting in my tv room watching tv i can surf the net, check out imdb, etc. I can play fun little games, i can kill time in car rides or doc office, i have hundreds of books that are in pub format that I can just put on there, and the list goes on and on. My wife and I both have the 64gb and love them.

Sure it doesn't play games like a laptop, but to be honest i had a top of the line Dell gaming laptop and it was still mediocre on most new games and burned up like crazy so in addition to the laptop I'd have to stuff a laptop cooler in my checked baggage. So i stopped playing games like call of duty on it, and once i stopped doing that, no need for the laptop.

I can do a lot of the same stuff on my droid but the battery is pathetic, and even over clocked to 1.2ghz the iPad is faster and has a nicer screen. There are also more apps, etc. I only use my droid now to text, check email, phone calls, and tether for my iPad. Once the incredible gets rooted i will switch to it for tethering.

Last edited by a moderator:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotcha - makes perfect sense. I travel little to none, but I can see how that would be a huge benefit (especially combined with VZW's connection via tether) in that situation.

I travel constantly. I can do everything i need to do on a business trip on this thing and the battery lasts 10 times as long as a gaming laptop. I ditched my ereader, archos video player, and laptop. A lot of the apps are great. Even sitting in my tv room watching tv i can surf the net, check out imdb, etc. I can play fun little games, i can kill time in car rides or doc office, i have hundreds of books that are in pub format that I can just put on there, and the list goes on and on. My wife and I both have the 64gb and love them.

I can do a lot of the same stuff on my droid but the battery is pathetic, and even over clocked to 1.2ghz the iPad is faster and has a nicer screen. There are also more apps, etc. I only use my droid now to text, check email, phone calls, and tether for my iPad. Once the incredible gets rooted i will switch to it for tethering.