Auxiliary speaker

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
View attachment 39656

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOGgvc7pM60

The speaker in the X2 is OK but not loud enough when in a noisy place. I got a cheap iPhone speaker but it didn't stay plugged into my phone and only sounded slightly better. I found the X-mini speaker for any mp3 player or even laptop.
It's a clever design, it's a small egg shaped speaker that can open up to give you better bass response. I tried it closed and it was a bit tinny sounding, I then opened by a slight twist. Both halves open about an inch and expose a plastic corrugated cylinder, that they call the resonance chamber. It really works but does color the output with a plastic sound. I would give it 4.5 out of 5.

The supplied cables are brilliant. On the bottom of the speaker it has a short cable with a 3.5 mm jack pressed into a groove, pull it out and plug it into anything you want louder. This cable is very short but is long enough for any portable device I have. The second cable supplied is this three ended thing that is the brilliant part! It has a standard USB, a mini USB and a foot long end with another 3.5mm plug. I found this works great for my laptop. I have a Acer computer that plays all kinds of media (they're quite proud of this )but the speaker output is real disappointing. The 3.5 mm jack is long enough to plug into the laptop and still place the speaker where you want it. The mini USB plugs into the speaker and the standard USB plugs into the computer to supply power for the rechargeable battery. I was so impressed that I got another speaker one for my phone when I'm out and about and one for my laptop.

Pros: Cost, design, ease of use, two color LED to show operation and charging. The supplied cable is brilliant and long enough get the job done. Resonance chamber works but,,,

Cons: Resonance chamber works but does muddy and color the sound a bit. The manual is printed on with the smallest typeface ever. I had to get the strongest lens I had to read the damn thing.

Last edited: