AVG or Lookout for security?

Droid noob

Reaction score
Im looking to get an app that I can remotely track and wipe days from in case is lost or stolen. Ben looking at the two apps mentioned in header. The reviews on lookout complain of uninstalling issues. AVG, I see complaints of battery hog. Which is most popular among these forums? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Also, Im not stuck on these two..... just the ones that keep popping up in the market search.

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think most people here are against using apps like these so you might not find a popular one. Do you have insurance with Asurion? If so I think they have an app that can do that without bogging down you're phone so much.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

Droid noob

Reaction score
I think most people here are against using apps like these so you might not find a popular one. Do you have insurance with Asurion? If so I think they have an app that can do that without bogging down you're phone so much.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Sounds interesting...I will have look into that.

OP
D

Droid noob

Reaction score
Dont waste your battery life and memory of apps u dnt need. Its seriously like 1/100 chance u will download a malicious app

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yea. Im more looking for the tracking features than anything

TechHdHunter

Reaction score
Prey for Android is free and will track droid phones, as well as laptop computers with GPS and WiFi settings and you can remotely lock the device and make it produce a siren noise if you've tracked it to a nearby location.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
Tracking as in if your phone gets lost?

Lost, stolen....features that could wipe phone in either case

dude just get Seek Droid. Does not drain your battery, you can remotely toggle GPS On or Off on your phone to track it if it get's stolen. you can wipe your phone too. :)

OP
D

Droid noob

Reaction score
Tracking as in if your phone gets lost?

Lost, stolen....features that could wipe phone in either case

dude just get Seek Droid. Does not drain your battery, you can remotely toggle GPS On or Off on your phone to track it if it get's stolen. you can wipe your phone too. :)

Ended up getting this last night. Haven't tested it out yet though