Average OC Temp.?

hondaguy520

Reaction score
What would be an average temp for being over clocked and settings of 125-1000 on demand while in sleep or running a not very demanding app like an im client? Mine is getting up to 43C when I'm not really doing anything, and my battery has decreased by 20% within 45 mins of standby, normal?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
That does sound high.. mine cruises at 36c as I'm writing this with my Droid right now... running DroidMod... SetCPU at 250/1000... and on wifi.... screen brightness set to lowest setting and been online for about an hour now... battery just dropped the first notch down to 80%

Seems to run warm and kill battery like that only when I'm playing a game.... Robo Defence is a heater battery eater like what you got goin on...

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
i know, currently ive had it pluged in for 8 hours to the wall, and its only up to 80% from 20, and the temp is up to 44C and i just woke up...i dont know wtf my phone is doing, should i try a different kernel?

toddegreene

Reaction score
Wow that seems high. Raise your minimum to 250, I read that some people have problems with 125. Then try lowering your maximum, some Droids have higher tolerances than others. If those fail, try another kernel, maybe a low voltage one, or one with a lower max.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Are you using the motorola charger?? Charging for 8hrs is rediculous ... the motorola charger is running 850mAh and should charge faster than that

Also... check your phone when it's on idle... it sounds like you have apps still running using a lot of processor when you think the phone is supposedly in standby

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Are you using the motorola charger?? Charging for 8hrs is rediculous ... the motorola charger is running 850mAh and should charge faster than that

Also... check your phone when it's on idle... it sounds like you have apps still running using a lot of processor when you think the phone is supposedly in standby

yea im using the motorola charger, and i dont have any apps running , where do i find one of adamz kernels low voltage? for ese53..i can only find the .img and i dont know how to get it working with that type of file

toddegreene

Reaction score
I haven't played with this yet, AdamZ, but I believe you can choose your kernel after installing. It contains 21 5 slot kernels, 7 each high, medium and low voltage.

Last edited:
OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
is there anyway to not dl the rom? i have petes rom, and would like to stick with his work

JayCizzo

Reaction score
is there anyway to not dl the rom? i have petes rom, and would like to stick with his work

I've always ran coolest using Chevy's kernels. Have you tried any of his other ones? I'm currently running his 1GHZ 5-slot with no issues, of course it's on his ROM not Pete's.

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score

I've always ran coolest using Chevy's kernels. Have you tried any of his other ones? I'm currently running his 1GHZ 5-slot with no issues, of course it's on his ROM not Pete's.

yea ive tried like 4 different kernels through chevy, i guess ill just have to try a different rom/kernel