Autoplay on Bluetooth connect = fail!

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I'm not sure if this is Liberty-specific or is standard on Droid X (I've not ran a standard ROM in so long that I wouldn't know). However, my problem is when I dock my phone in my car, I have it such that it automatically turns bluetooth on and pairs with my car's stereo. As soon as my phone pairs with my stereo, it attempts to start playing my music player. If I install a third-party app (like WinAmp), it'll start whatever my default is.

How can I get this to either not autoplay any app or to consider Pandora as my default app to autoplay?

This autoplay is dependent upon simply the Bluetooth pairing and has nothing to do with my Car Dock apps (I've tried 3 of them in case any would help me). I simply want to have my phone (running Liberty 1.5, no theme) to not autoplay anything when it pairs with my stereo.

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
This is super frustrating! Since nobody is chiming in with an answer, is anybody else also experiencing this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ColinZack

Reaction score
It doesn't happen when I put mine into the car dock and I'm running Liberty

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Seriously, I'm the only person with this problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Muddledde

Reaction score
I'm right there with you Jaxidian.

My phone will auto connect to my car (Mazda 3) via bluetooth and will attempt to autoplay two apps at the same time. If I go for Pandora it will try to load Winamp and play both. If I play Winamp it will try to load the music app that came with the phone and play both. If I try to play the regular app, it will try to play Winamp also.

Yes, it seems that Winamp may be the common sources, but when I remove Winamp from the equation...I will try to play Pandora and it will load my regular music app and play both. This is quite a pain in the ass.

The only way I can get around it, that I have found so far, is to allow my phone to play the music BEFORE it connects via bluetooth. When it does connect to bluetooth, the signal is then transferred to the car, and nothing autoplays. But that is still a pain in the ass.

jackm1249

Reaction score
Mine autoplays Winamp as well. Well not until I do something like hit the skip button on my car radio, or its remote. Then whatever I am playing (Pandora, Amazon CLoud) winamp will also start up and play along. I haven't deleted winamp yet, so I don't know if my stock player would start up if i did, but right now winamp is the only player thats doing it.

OP
Jaxidian

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Mine autoplays Winamp as well. Well not until I do something like hit the skip button on my car radio, or its remote. Then whatever I am playing (Pandora, Amazon CLoud) winamp will also start up and play along. I haven't deleted winamp yet, so I don't know if my stock player would start up if i did, but right now winamp is the only player thats doing it.

Yeah, for me whatever the default MP3 player is will start playing. I've toyed around with ~6 different players and they all keep firing up.

Could this be the fault of our Stereo systems? Could they be sending an A2DP command, "Play", whenever they pair?

crabbypants

Reaction score
Could they be sending an A2DP command, "Play", whenever they pair?

This is exactly what is happening. I pair my X with my 2009 Mazda6 and as soon as it connects it starts to play my last used media app. Whether that is Pandora or what. I simply hit Play/pause again on my stereo as soon as it starts to pause it. It is almost automatic now: dock phone, bluetooth connects, hit play/pause if i don't want to listen to whatever starts.

Sometimes it's nice though that it will just resume whatever you were listening to. Also, when it disconnects it should pause whatever is playing.

scottz

Reaction score
I have the same issue with Ford Sync; driving my crazy. Whenever I change the sync source to BT (usually to listen to voice mails or a podcast), the Droid automatically starts playing random music.

unboostedzc

Reaction score
I have similar issues with my bt headset. right now I have control headset set to off in winamp and pandora. if I connect to bluetooth though and hit play on the headset the headset will then open the stock music player even though it hadn't been opened before at all. if I have winamp set to bind it will do winamp instead.

only solution I've found is fire up pandora first, then connect bluetooth and the headset will then control pandora okay.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mrtankjump

Reaction score
Root and uninstall the Music.apk using titanium backup.
With Audiogalaxy as my only music app, it auto starts it. If you disable the bluetooth headset portion of the connection in bluetooth properties, it should no longer auto start any player. Other option is to uninstall all music apps or disable all music apps from using BT controls.

mertox

Reaction score
I have this same problem with my Samsung Fascinate. I had a JVC radio and now a Soundstream radio, so I don't think it is the head units making this happen, but rather something in the Android platform. I haven't been able to figure out how to stop it from happening, but it doesn't happen every single time.