Automatic Battery Drop Once Unplugged

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got my atk set to off but have short tap as open app , more of a task switcher than killer
My battery dance sometimes after an hour is still red but i unplug it anyway because I have to leave but most days its done in 30 minutes or less

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

tech94

Reaction score
i hadn't been a big fan of ATK but i noticed that since froyo certain apps havent been letting the phone sleep. not sure if its an incompatibility with the 2.2 softwar. engadget app and occassionally facebook ( not the htc sense facebook the regular one) dont let my phone sleep. i have been able to repeat the results consistently with these 2 apps. i had atk kill one app at a time til i figured out which ones werent letting the phone sleep. this lack of sleep was killing my battery life. i use ATK to kill those particular apps when i'm done using them. seems to have improved battery life and certainly have allowed phone to sleep. now i dont advocate killing all apss but for the few "rogue" apps it does certainly seem to help

H-T-C

Reaction score
The programs you listed are proprietary bloatware and can't be removed without rooting. Now, remove the Task Killer. That is also hurting your battery. There is article after article saying this also, including one written by the actual Google developers that created and program Android. Finally, many battery meters actually eat batteries as well. Kill it.

Thanks jkhonea! I meant to reply sooner to your post. I did uninstall the battery meter and ATK. I was surprised at how quickly the battery stopped draining! I also noticed that since I uninstalled the ATK I don't have all these random applications constantly running that I never opened.