AutoCorrect on Droid 2?

Jpyanks31

Reaction score
Hello. So I recently dropped my Droid in water and had to get a replacement. Well they gave me a Droid 2. Although it's not a big deal, on my original Droid, on the physical keyboard, If I typed "Im" and hit the spacebar, it would default to "I'm" and "Il" to "I'll". On the Droid 2, it is suggesting these corrections, but not defaulting to them with the spacebar. "Il" and "Im" are also not in the user dictionary, so I can't get rid of them. I find it strange these two particular words do not autocorrect, but "wer" and "wev" and "wel" all autocorrect to "we're", "we've", and "we'll" on the Droid 2. Why wont these two words work also? Any thoughts?

OP
J

Jpyanks31

Reaction score
Bump. No one?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello. So I recently dropped my Droid in water and had to get a replacement. Well they gave me a Droid 2. Although it's not a big deal, on my original Droid, on the physical keyboard, If I typed "Im" and hit the spacebar, it would default to "I'm" and "Il" to "I'll". On the Droid 2, it is suggesting these corrections, but not defaulting to them with the spacebar. "Il" and "Im" are also not in the user dictionary, so I can't get rid of them. I find it strange these two particular words do not autocorrect, but "wer" and "wev" and "wel" all autocorrect to "we're", "we've", and "we'll" on the Droid 2. Why wont these two words work also? Any thoughts?

On my D2 that's the way it's always been. The reason I'm sure you already understand im is instant message and I'll an ill are also two separate words.

I've gotten use to it, I just go to the suggestions and tap I'll and I'm. the other day I noticed it didn't recognized I'd and I had to add that to the user dictionary.

IIRC however the D1 was worst and D2 has been an improvement. I don't know for sure but maybe one of the other keyboards you can download have different dictionaries with them. I think I tried that once and they didn't but since I'm not sure it's worth a shot.

Big Ry

Reaction score
You can add/edit items in the dictionary. Whenever you type a word and it makes suggestions above the keyboard, the one in red lettering is the default for what you typed. And it will use that word if you press space or don't select another word. How it decides which word to make red, I don't know.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk