Auto rotate no longer working

cnmsales

Reaction score
For some reason the auto rotate on my screen isnt working anymore. I tried turning AR off then back on but still no luck. When the slider is closed no matter what way I turn my phone it stays the same.

Any ideas?

Im currently running froyo with the p3 kernal. It was initially working properly after the froyo install but just stoped .

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's really weird, because with Froyo you can rotate it to any position and get a screen.

Did you try a simple reset (on/off) of your phone? If that doesn't work you may need to do a factory data reset.

J

Johnly

sometimes a widget is the culprit, clear them all and load them one by one to rule that out if what hook said doesn't work.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Tried clearing all my widgets and reboot. Still nothing.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Hook, how do i do a reset and will it effect me having froyo and root?

J

Johnly

Is your accelerometer working? Try something that uses it? If it isn't you may need to do a factory reset as hook stated? Dunno

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yes the accelerometer works for everything else. The only thing it doesnt work is when the keyboard is closed and on the home screens and app drawer. If i open an app it rotates normal.

How do i factory reset, and will it mess up root and froyo?

J

Johnly

Sounds like a setting my friend. Are you using a launcher? There will be settings on that and the OS.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Nope no launcher. No need for one now with froyo.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
How do i factory reset, and will it mess up root and froyo?

Lucas5

Reaction score
just for grins and giggles, try installing an alternative launcher from the market and see if it properly rotates your screen(s) when you turn your phone. If it does than perhaps there's something wrong with home screen app in your froyo rom.
I'd do a full nandroid backup than do the factory reset which will wipe your froyo out and you'll lose root. it will take you back to version 2.0.1 which is super easy to gain root on.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to your settings/privacy/factory data reset. This will remove your apps and data but you should recover everything when you sign back in. Apps will be in your downloads in the market.

threetom

Reaction score
Sounds retarded I know, but I tried rebooting, removing the battery, turning AR off and on, and of course re-calibrating, nothing worked, was pissed, than I found a solution on another site, the answer lay the droid flat when calibrating, this worked, not sure why, maybe i'm dumb, but it worked, hope it works for you! Threetom