Auto Connect to Bluetooth?

AxR ViRUS

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any way to have my Droid automatically connect to the bluetooth in my car. It is a bit annoying for me to have to go into the settings menu every time I get into my car to have to search for my bluetooth then connect it by putting in the password. My previous 3 cell phones were BB's and they all auto connected to my blue tooth.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the Droid?

Thanks for any help!

zasran

Reaction score
It does autoconnect for me (JVC KD-AVX-44, o similar, don't remember exact model number), I think it's function of the stereo, not the phone. On mine you can set it to autoconnect to last connected device.

Silver Member
Reaction score
auto connects here. the droid should be memorizing the bluetooth settings. if you have to reset your connection everytime, you've done something wrong.

OP
A

AxR ViRUS

Reaction score
I have the pioneer D3 unit in my car with the blue tooth systgem that comes with it. I'm not sure whatg type of blue tooth it is though, does anyone have the same unit and it successful with the auto connect, or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

tdawg5480

Reaction score
I use a dnx5120 by kenwood its identical in many ways and my buddys d3 auto connects with ease and my dnx auto connects too. My dnx however takes a min or 2 to connect and if I wander out of range of bluetooth and get back in the car (like going to gas station paying inside and coming out) it is then a crapshoot to autoconnect. another thing I noticed the droid does that my storm didnt with the same radio, when I end a call i lose Bluetooth connectivity for about 15 seconds....its a droid bug as storm never did it to me. Try repairing the devices all i can say or maybe an app or widget is interfering

OP
A

AxR ViRUS

Reaction score
I have not tried to register the phone. I will try this, thank you for your help. I will update you on my progress. Seeing how it is Christmas, I will try to squeeze in some time for this fix.