Augmented Reality

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A view like that. while awesome, would only be awesome at certain points. If i was watching that the entire time for nav, i would freak out and throw it out the window and run it over. Ok not really, but just watching it for a couple of minutes made my head spin.

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea I can see your point.... dizziness might occur. LOL. Still a cool app though. Def nice if you're walking somewhere, say downtown if you're a rural folk, and you want to find somewhere. The driving usage would be nice for the last couple hundred yards or trying to find a hard to find street or entrance ya know? But def couldn't fly down the highway doing 80mph looking at that! :r_c:

Phyora

Reaction score
And as if by magic (okay having searched Google) I have found my way to your forums ;)

I'm the developer of AugSatNav so i'm glad to see people have been finding, using and having no problems with AugSatNav on the Moto Droid!

It's true what you say, AugSatNav works best when walking directions are selected as it uses the inbuilt compass to get your direction of travel.
When using driving directions the compass suffers from interference, probably due to the metal body of the vehicle your travelling in, so instead of using the compass GPS data is used to get your bearing. That's why you may notice the "route line" taking a while to update as you go round corners.

Anyway it works great on foot and it's still very much a work in progress so if you have any feature requests feel free to throw them my way!

The recent update also includes the option to recalculate your route if you take a wrong turn - hope that proves useful!

Thanks,

Miles

Phyora | Handcrafted Mobile Goodness

OP
Martin030908

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Miles,

Thanks for finding us! There's a lot of developers floating around here. Glad to help expand your APP!!! There's a developers forum here as well... maybe help get the word out even more... and gives you direct feedback from users!

Love the app concept! So amazing what we can do with these phones.