Augen's 7" Android Tablet hits K-Mart stores this week for $149

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
9anu6a.jpg

When you thought "inexpensive" and "tablet" don't belong in the same sentence, K-Mart is about to prove you wrong. The Augen GenTouch Android tablet is hitting K-Mart shelves this weekend, according to its latest circular, for the low price of $149. You will be getting a 7" 800x480 TFT LCD screen, 800Mhz CPU, 256MB RAM, 2GB storage, WiFi connectivity, SD/MMC slot (up to 16GB) and Android 2.1 with Market capability. The rest of the specs are unknown at this time, but for $149 I would expect the CPU to be an older ARM6 or ARM11. And if that wasn't enough, the Augen GenTouch comes with a leather carrying case and AC Adapter. The GenTouch may not be as spiffy as the German WeTab or the Dell Streak, but for the price, you certainly can't go wrong! We believe this to be the first readily-available-in-the-US Android 2.1 tablet, and are extremely excited to get our paws on one soon.

2cgczte.jpg

Check out a video user review of the Auger GenTouch Tablet (cheers MrJn7)
[video=youtube;pfha5r6law0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfha5r6law0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Anyone planning on snagging a GenTouch this weekend? Let us know. Also head on over to our dedicated Augen GenTouch Forum

via Engadget
Source: AugenUS, K-Mart

Last edited:
OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hudson922

Reaction score
If it can deliver 2.1 and full market place my interest will be piqed but I want a hands on review first. I wish the Archos 7 had those or was atleast rootable to some sembelince 2.1 w/ market place.

Mojo

Reaction score
Wow... Interesting. I am going to wait for some reviews, but I may just have to get one of these puppies

illmatic636

Reaction score
I just got an ipad as a gift, so I will definitly be buying one. For $150, how can you NOT!. I just want it to root and mess with.