Audio out...How to?

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Ok, there's the 3.5mm jack on top of the phone. I just tried playing Pandora in the car. Played fine on the phone, plugged it into the car (the connection works, actually unplugged my Sirius receiver) and nothing. The Sound did stop playing on the phone properly but nothing out of the car speakers. Volume is set high on the phone and is high enough on the car.

Any ideas? I can't find any kind of setting anywhere in Pandora (or elsewhere) which I need to change.

synctek

Reaction score
I just installed it - kewl app!!

The app starts playing a song - comes out of the phone speaker/s. I then took the plug from my pc speakers and plugged it into the Droid and whala!! I got music. I assume you are using the dual-side 3.5mm cable similar to what you would use for an IPOD or other music player??? When I unplugged the speakers, I had to resume play manually (push play) but it seems to be functioning right for me. Try head phones or pc speaker.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I just installed it - kewl app!!

The app starts playing a song - comes out of the phone speaker/s. I then took the plug from my pc speakers and plugged it into the Droid and whala!! I got music. I assume you are using the dual-side 3.5mm cable similar to what you would use for an IPOD or other music player??? When I unplugged the speakers, I had to resume play manually (push play) but it seems to be functioning right for me. Try head phones or pc speaker.

Yes, used the same cable I use for my Sirius receiver and iPod to plug in. I'll have to play with it a little more.

heem

Reaction score
That operation works for me. 3.5 cable that used to go to my mp3 player and into the AUX jack on the car. Pandora can detect the presence of that cable (cool) and it stops playback when you disconnect it. Perhaps it also stopped when you put it in? Try having it all plugged in and connected before starting pandora

synctek

Reaction score
Curious, have you used the native media player to play audio in your car?

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
That operation works for me. 3.5 cable that used to go to my mp3 player and into the AUX jack on the car. Pandora can detect the presence of that cable (cool) and it stops playback when you disconnect it. Perhaps it also stopped when you put it in? Try having it all plugged in and connected before starting pandora

I'm thinking maybe that is the problem. I'll check it out once I get back in the car.

Thanks.