Audible.com for Android Beta App Now Available!!!!!!

wiskeychris

Reaction score
Rock on! Works great so far, the app saw my entire library and I'm currently downloading one of my books. I've been waiting for this app ever since I got my Droid!

pcarcr

Reaction score
How do you install it? :unsure:

change .zip to .apk
then put it on your droid sd card
set droid to take apps from unknown sources (settings-applications)
then using file manager of some sort i use Androzip find that file click on it to install and boom you have it

Thanks, works great so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Audible9182

Reaction score
could you upload the apk?

It was too big to upload via DF. Here's the link to 4shared. Don't forget to change the file from .zip to .apk.

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download AudibleAndroidB3.zip

I registered just to say thank you =). Sorry it doesnt work for you, works great on the HTC Incredible!

Thanks again!

Mikejl

Reaction score
No idea how ppl can do audio books. Ive had a Sony Reader for years and its like a second phone to me. Its almost ALWAYS near me. I own over 2000 real books. But I love bein able to carry over 600 everywhere I go.
I have an Ipod nano 3G that I use exclusively for audiobooks. I listen to a book when I take my walks, wash or detail my cars, when driving alone, or when doing any task that it mostly routine.

This way I get to read (using the term loosely)many more books that I wouldn't have time to read if I had to sit down with the hard copies.

Mike

Diordna

Reaction score
And these woot icons make no sense, which stands for We Owned the Other Team (gaming term)

Which only 2% of people know lol :)

:shocked: well i must be one of the 2%. Whatever. I've said :woot: since before you were born. i suppose you really mean to blaspheme when you say GD too huh? chill dude.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

:icon_ devil:
Chill? What are you talking about, I was just joking lol
And that term came about in the early 1990's in gaming and got famous through the internet.

I was already born then lol

And no blaspheming, idk if you're actually serious when you are telling me to chill and idk if you are trying to insult me or what, but I'm pretty chill lol

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

cbushnell

Reaction score
Corinacakes, really sorry you're having trouble with the app. I installed last night. It took about 20 minutes to download the first section of a book over a slow wireless connection. The app is only missing the ability to buy the book and push to the library. I'm in heaven... :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dreambuilder

Reaction score
How do you install it? :unsure:[/quote]

change .zip to .apk
then put it on your droid sd card
set droid to take apps from unknown sources (settings-applications)
then using file manager of some sort i use Androzip find that file click on it to install and boom you have it[/QUOTE]

I am a newbie, how do you change .zip to .apk?

sjkurtz

Reaction score
I also registered to say thank you. I am an audible addict and I despaired at having to wait until "summer" to add audible to the best phone I have ever owned.

The install was blazing fast and I am 5 minutes into downloading a very large book and expect it to finish soon.

The install was a simple as clicking on to the Groups link under the more link on my Gmail home page.

Then I searched for "audible for android beta" clicked the "Google Groups" button and clicked search again.

The first link that comes up is the right one. I clicked that and used Goggles to scan the bit.ly address for the latest build.

http://bit.ly/b0kD78

Scanning is amazing and just one of the huge improvements over my boring old BlackBerry.

Thanks again!

droiddict

Reaction score
I was able to install by clicking on the link in the beta group that sjkurtz posted. Go to settings-->applications-->check to enable unknown sources before clicking on the link.

LOVE this so I will join in the WOOT. Now I just need the Kindle app that should be coming soon.

edited to add that I had to click on the download when it finished and OK the install.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
When I first got my Droid I desperately wanted Audible. Since then, I've started downloading and listening to my favorite talk shows and playing with my Droid, and seem to have lost interest in books. I just successfully downloaded the program, but don't want to listen to any selections any more, sorry Audible, you're just too late.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Redeemed, Audible from your BB Fiasco

I installed the app from the BARCODE reader by accident. I found the page in Google Groups and saw the barcode. So I opened my ShopSavvy app, preparing to aim it at the screen to get the app. One second later, before I could aim anything, the app beeped and started to install. Way cool stuff for an old college professor....

The Audible platform is ELEGANT compared to the sophomoric and unbelievably unfriendly app they developed for the BB Storm. With visualizations, stats, skip back, and effortless bookmarks, this "out of the blocks" app is light years ahead of the final BB build.

Well done so far, Audible. Still a few hiccups, but no deal breakers.

techRob

Reaction score
Got it installed - not a single problem.

What I've learned thus far from it:
1) 3G will take FOREVER to download some of these! lol (i'm sure ya'll know that tho)
2) The audio files are just dropped in an "Audible" folder on the sdcard (along with other Audible files - that bothers me..i'm a neat freak, it's disorganized).
3) The files downloaded to the phone are TWICE AS PHRACKIN' BIG as the ones I had previously downloaded to my computer!

Why are the files so big!? I have "Rogue Warrior Detachment Bravo" on my computer, it's about 43MB. According to Audible on my phone, the download - for the exact same file, is 88MB. Why / how would audible do that?!

My two gripes so far:
1) Obviously the file size (as noted above)
2) I want to set my own directory / folder for the audio files to be downloaded to (i want all my audio in the same area...catergorized - so there would be an "audiobooks" folder) :D

i know it's a beta..but thats my wishlist at this point :) Oh! and it would be nice to just transfer my already downloaded files from my pc to my droid - but i know it's not setup that way)

:::EDIT:::
Okay, so a file copy from the PC may be possible apparently. The one thing I was unaware of trying, was rebooting the phone - doesn't make any sense to have to reboot the phone...but what do i know :mellow:

Last edited:

ldimick

Reaction score
Any of you rooted and using app2sd? If so, what are you running? I am and I am getting FCs.