Gulp, no audible.com device support yet

omnibus

Reaction score
I just dashed off an e-mail to audible customer support. If and when I get an answer I'll post it in this thread. I have a pretty extensive audible book library, I hope they see the light quickly.

EDIT: What follows is the response I got to my e-mail to audible customer service. "understand that you would like to know if you will be able to use the Motorola Droid to download the books to. Unfortunately, at first the Android OS will not be audible ready. The technicians have said that they are looking in to compatibility but no definite word whether it will be or won't. We have been recording requests about the new phone so the technicians can discuss with the different manufacturers about creating an application or some kind of software to allow the play back of the audible books. I will be sure to forward the email to the techs so they know of the request."

Not quite what I wanted to hear. If you are an audible subscriber please e-mail them as I did and let them know that you most definitely want to play audible books in your Android device.

Last edited:
OP
O

omnibus

Reaction score
re: Audible.com support

I just dashed off an e-mail to audible customer support. If and when I get an answer I'll post it in this thread. I have a pretty extensive audible book library, I hope they see the light quickly.

EDIT: What follows is the response I got to my e-mail to audible customer service. "understand that you would like to know if you will be able to use the Motorola Droid to download the books to. Unfortunately, at first the Android OS will not be audible ready. The technicians have said that they are looking in to compatibility but no definite word whether it will be or won't. We have been recording requests about the new phone so the technicians can discuss with the different manufacturers about creating an application or some kind of software to allow the play back of the audible books. I will be sure to forward the email to the techs so they know of the request."

Not quite what I wanted to hear. If you are an audible subscriber please e-mail them as I did and let them know that you most definitely want to play audible books in your Android device.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
since it works with itunes you should try a program called doubletwist that will allow you to sync anything in your itunes library to your android device.

i know its not as good as downloading it directly to your phone but it is a solution for now.

ChooChoo

Reaction score
While doubletwist may help you sync the Droid with your PC, it doesn't provide an Audible-compatible player...

Erich_F

Reaction score
Got it tonight...works well! Finally!

The only downside is that you have to browse online from your PC, and add books to your online library. The Audible App only browses your online Audible Library. You also need to download Enhanced Audio, and need to check that it's available for your book of choice if you intend to listen on your Droid.