Audible.com for Android Beta App Now Available!!!!!!

necromaster

Reaction score
Audible Book Reader

Anybody know of or in the process of working on an app for audible books? Especially books from audible.com. I've reached out to them but I get a generic response from them.

bdal1

Reaction score
Audible's app development is awful. Their blackberry app is terribly slow and buggy. Don't count on them having anything anytime soon.
I use soundtaxi to convert the files to mp3, and astro player to listen on my android phone. astro plater had bookmarking capabilities, androids media player does not.

OP
N

necromaster

Reaction score
thank you for the information. my next question is; what version do you suggest?

Diordna

Reaction score
What does it do?

And these woot icons make no sense, which stands for We Owned the Other Team (gaming term)

Which only 2% of people know lol :)

pcarcr

Reaction score

cbushnell

Reaction score
Awesome Corinacakes... I am downloading my first direct book download now, what a time saver if we don't have to convert through sound taxi any longer.

YIPPEE :icon_ banana:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
could you upload the apk?

It was too big to upload via DF. Here's the link to 4shared. Don't forget to change the file from .zip to .apk.

http://www.***********/file/0TJjOTVv/AudibleAndroidB3.html

I'm having terrible troubles with this. I open it..log in...it gets my library then i can start a dl and it just closes. Then when i reopen the app it just opens then immediately closes. Let me know if this happens to anyone else.

darn :icon_evil: back to soundtaxi/ambling book player for now i guess

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And these woot icons make no sense, which stands for We Owned the Other Team (gaming term)

Which only 2% of people know lol :)

:shocked: well i must be one of the 2%. Whatever. I've said :woot: since before you were born. i suppose you really mean to blaspheme when you say GD too huh? chill dude.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

:icon_ devil:

Last edited:

Neupy

Reaction score
No idea how ppl can do audio books. Ive had a Sony Reader for years and its like a second phone to me. Its almost ALWAYS near me. I own over 2000 real books. But I love bein able to carry over 600 everywhere I go.

pcarcr

Reaction score

It was too big to upload via DF. Here's the link to 4shared. Don't forget to change the file from .zip to .apk.

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download AudibleAndroidB3.zip

I'm having terrible troubles with this. I open it..log in...it gets my library then i can start a dl and it just closes. Then when i reopen the app it just opens then immediately closes. Let me know if this happens to anyone else.

How do you install it? :unsure:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks downloading now

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download AudibleAndroidB3.zip

How do you install it? :unsure:

change .zip to .apk
then put it on your droid sd card
set droid to take apps from unknown sources (settings-applications)
then using file manager of some sort i use Androzip find that file click on it to install and boom you have it