ATT Atrix or Verizon Bionic

Bloodkip

Reaction score
I'm coming from ATT, using a iPhone atm. The iPhone didn't satisfy my geek in me because I couldn't tingle around with it, even when I jailbroke it. Right now, I can go to Verizon or stay with ATT because my parents have Verizon, my grandparents have ATT. So it doesn't really matter where I go. Right now im leaning toward the Bionic. I really like a specs of the Bionic. ATT network is not really that bad, I only had 1 drop call out of 6 months and I had zero bars inside of a mall. Verizon, I get unlimited EVERYTHING. Is there any difference between the Bionic and Atrix?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Biggest difference is the webtop application with the Atrix. It's a great application with many possibilities. I'm going to say if the webtop application doesn't really interest you it's a push between the 2 devices.

If the webtop app is something you may find useful the Atrix is the hands down winner here. 2 GREAT devices and one heck of a decision you have ahead of you : )

Good luck!!

OP
B

Bloodkip

Reaction score
ahh, Do you think the other 512mb of the Atrix is locked?, 512mb for main OS, 512mb for the other.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The thinking is there's a separate partition for the desktop OS. IF the bootloader is unlocked, rom developer may be able to liberate that extra 512. But the Bionic won't be out until Apr/May and I suspect we'll see something a bit better, something with 1gig, not long after that.

The main difference, aside from the docking app (which may or may not interest you, I think it's still a bit of a novelty) is the Bionic is LTE which will have fantastic speeds, but it also will be capped (goodbye unlimited data) and possibly $5-$10 a month more than the $30 for 3G.

The other thing - and I don't know that this will change any time soon - is while Bionic has HDMI out I don't think it can't mirror video, mostly just for photos. The Atrix seems like it should be able to run video off your SD through the docking app, but don't quote me on that.

I doubt you'll have a decision to make before LTE pricing becomes available. Might be too tough to call right now without knowing caps and pricing. But I wouldn't attach any weight to hopes that extra 512 on the Atrix can somehow be liberated. Heck, you don't even know what kind of developer support it will get and eventhough the installed base for both phone is currently 0, there are a lot of D1 folks who will probably upgrade to the Bionic and there's a much larger Android base on VZW (so probably outsells the Atrix and gets better developer support as a result).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Given Moto's position with locking their devices... I doubt either of these will be unlocked.

But with the specs they're touting, they shouldn't need anything to be fantastic devices.