Bionic = Atrix ???

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've seen several sources say this. While most specs add up, the lack of ram in the bionic makes think they are not quite the same.

I would really love an Atrix, its pretty much perfect for everything I want to do (a physical keyboard would make it absolutely perfect) but there's no way, especially where I live, that I will go to att for the atrix. That's why seeing bionic = atrix has me excited...but I'm not quite buying it.

ke0kie

Reaction score
It appears that the bionic will NOT dock into the webtop/laptop device like the atrix does.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
they are essentially the same device. altho, if memory serves, the Bionic will have a slightly larger screen. ke0kie is correct - the Bionic will not have the webtop docking feature. and, this explains the difference in ram. for the Atrix, the extra 512 ram is used for the webtop docking feature. because the Bionic will not have this feature, the extra ram isn't needed.

there are still some rumors out there of the Moto Solana, which would be very similar to the Bionic, but would have a physical keyboard. a mock up rendering which has been floating around leads one to believe that the slide out keyboard would be capacitive/touch, as opposed to having moving parts/hardware like the D1/D2. but, so far, the Solana is purely rumor and speculation at this point. I'm holding out hope for it, tho!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
they are essentially the same device. altho, if memory serves, the Bionic will have a slightly larger screen. ke0kie is correct - the Bionic will not have the webtop docking feature. and, this explains the difference in ram. for the Atrix, the extra 512 ram is used for the webtop docking feature. because the Bionic will not have this feature, the extra ram isn't needed.

Verizon never gets phones with cool new features......... The DROID series was an anomoly.

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Still got my D1. Now that I've got my upgrade ready, I'm gonna root it etc etc. I'm hoping that will freshen this thing up enough for me to be able to hold out for something I really want (like that solana). If I brick it, no worries, I've got my upgrade. I paid full retail for my D1, so I've been afraid of the risk of bricking it.

The docking feature of the atrix is hot. Its nice to see some innovation besides how many ways we can make iphone clones. I'm law enforcement, so a device that triples as my phone/netbook/pc would be awesome beyond words.