Motorola Atrix

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Sorry for another post, but wanted to know if you can load out-of-market apps with the bootloader being locked.

Thanks again.

With the Atrix, by default no you can't. AT&T locks their phones down even more than other phone companies, so no sideloading on their phones without jumping through a few hurdles (if it is even possible).

Other AT&T phones, have had methods to sideload apps, so... I would assume the Atrix will too. But only time will tell.

harrellj

Reaction score
Sorry for another post, but wanted to know if you can load out-of-market apps with the bootloader being locked.

Thanks again.

With the Atrix, by default no you can't. AT&T locks their phones down even more than other phone companies, so no sideloading on their phones without jumping through a few hurdles (if it is even possible).

Other AT&T phones, have had methods to sideload apps, so... I would assume the Atrix will too. But only time will tell.

For that, I'd say keep an eye on Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central . As popular as the Atrix likely will be (it really is a beastly phone), I don't doubt that it'll be updated to work with it, if the program doesn't already.