Atrix/Razr Lapdocks for $59

NickNacNo

Reaction score
I found a site that is selling $59 Atrix Lapdocks. This was great for me since I missed the clearance sale that VZ had a while back. I got my lapdock in last night, did the Atrix-to-Razr lapdock conversion (took 10 minutes) and i've been using ever since. Note: it says on the box it has the UK keyboard - the only difference I notice is the #3 key has a UK$ sign on the key. I wasn't about to cough up the dough for a Lapdock 500 so I couldn't be happier.

AT&T Motorola 11.6" Lapdock for AT&T Motorola ATRIX 4G w/ 1GB RAM, 1GHz Dual-Core Processor & Firefox Browser!

Hopefully someone will find this useful!

sriggan

Reaction score
I found a site that is selling $59 Atrix Lapdocks. This was great for me since I missed the clearance sale that VZ had a while back. I got my lapdock in last night, did the Atrix-to-Razr lapdock conversion (took 10 minutes) and i've been using ever since. Note: it says on the box it has the UK keyboard - the only difference I notice is the #3 key has a UK$ sign on the key. I wasn't about to cough up the dough for a Lapdock 500 so I couldn't be happier.

AT&T Motorola 11.6" Lapdock for AT&T Motorola ATRIX 4G w/ 1GB RAM, 1GHz Dual-Core Processor & Firefox Browser!

Hopefully someone will find this useful!

What does the Atrix-to-RAZR conversion consist of?

victorvu627

Reaction score
The only thing for the conversion is youll have to open up the ports and reverse it and shave a little plastic off. Its pretty straight forward theres only 2 screws you have to remove. So far i love the atrix lapdock im running ics and it runs really smooth.

OP
NickNacNo

NickNacNo

Reaction score
Atrix Lapdock to Razr conversion

The mod is very simple. These are screenshots of my Atrix Lapdock converted to fit the Razr. I didn't take any pics of the mod while I was doing it so the pictures are after the mod was complete. I'm at work so that's the best I could do for now. I will break down the ports again later with more pictures so I can show exactly how to do it. It is very simple though. Google Atrix to Razr lapdock conversion and you should be okay. That's what I did and had no problems. Thanks.

sriggan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I have a new project coming up. :biggrin:

The_Chupacabra

Reaction score
Jumped on this, so I assume the Razr Maxx will work with this as well since it is standing on its head and the tops are identical... correct?

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Anybody heard what the Lapdocks down the line will be like or are we just going to tablets and 86 the Lapdocks?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bclipscomb

Reaction score
The mod is very simple. These are screenshots of my Atrix Lapdock converted to fit the Razr. I didn't take any pics of the mod while I was doing it so the pictures are after the mod was complete. I'm at work so that's the best I could do for now. I will break down the ports again later with more pictures so I can show exactly how to do it. It is very simple though. Google Atrix to Razr lapdock conversion and you should be okay. That's what I did and had no problems. Thanks.

I did have to use the Dremel to remove some of the plastic to make my Maxx fit, but I did not need to rotate the HDMI and Micro usb. My Maxx plugged right in and works perfectly.

surferdave

Reaction score
How well does the RAZR stay in place on this lapdock following the modification, especially when actually using it in your lap? Is the weight of the phone putting pressure on the connectors?

The_Chupacabra

Reaction score
Mine came in at my parents house finally so i will do the conversion this weekend and see how it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I've had the atrix dock for a couple weeks now and i think it works pretty well. the conversion is very easy. I shaved some of the plastic away which helped a lot. the phone is pretty sturdy when its in the dock but you need to be careful because there is a lot of leverage on it because its standing up. I use a wireless mouse because it makes surfing the web and scrolling a lot easier. Overall i think its well worth 59 bucks.

bbucks36

Reaction score
is this not the same as the droid bionic lapdock but the hdmi and the usb is backwards>? if so what better the atrix or bionic or the 500 lapdock.. besides price..at the OP link they have the bionic one for 30 bucks more..the 500 is way over priced.. for that price id buy a laptop or tablet. anyways opinions?

jtc303

Reaction score
that is pretty cool/cheap... does that AT&T matter? Im assuming not... If it doesn't, Im getting one.

edit... couldn't wait, so I ordered one dancedroid

Last edited:

cobra200123

Reaction score
just got mine from Amazon for $60. Mod was pretty easy but cant find the firefox browser icon, anyone else having that issue?