AT&T Announces Five New 4G LTE Devices

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
skyrocket.jpeg

AT&T has made a big splash at CES 2012 with their announcement of 5 new LTE devices. Among the handsets announced were the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket HD and the highly anticipated Galaxy Note. Their list of new hardware is as follows:

• Sony Xperia ION: 4.6-inch HD screen, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 12-megapixel camera, Android 2.3, coming in Q2 2012
  • Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD: 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor
  • Samsung Galaxy Note: Packs 5.3-inch 1280x800 Super AMOLED screen, launching in the coming weeks in both blue and white
  • Samsung Exhilarate: 4-inch Super AMOLED display, front and rear cameras, made of 80 percent recycled post-consumer materials, launching "in the coming months"
  • Pantech Burst: 4-inch Super AMOLED display, available in titanium or ruby red on January 22nd for $49.99 with a two-year contract (also available in package deal with Pantech Element for $249.99 on contract)
Source: Phonedog

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sony Xperia ION: 4.6-inch HD screen, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 12-megapixel camera, Android 2.3, coming in Q2 2012

this definitely sounds like a good phone except in Q2 and only android 2.3??? wth?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
this definitely sounds like a good phone except in Q2 and only android 2.3??? wth?

Especially coming from SE. I believe they have ICS builds out now.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Will AT & T get 4g LTE right before Verizon does

its sad that i awaited a great phone to pop up passing up the DX 2 , to get the BIONIC only to find out that all the hype about Verizons LTE is crap so far ... I say this because its not too great in New Jersey , where they have yet to get Fios to my door ... i been highly upset about this ... well I can only hope they get it right in 2012 ...

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
its sad that i awaited a great phone to pop up passing up the DX 2 , to get the BIONIC only to find out that all the hype about Verizons LTE is crap so far ... I say this because its not too great in New Jersey , where they have yet to get Fios to my door ... i been highly upset about this ... well I can only hope they get it right in 2012 ...

AT&T is likley to have less issues because of the intermixing of LTE and GSM. Not to mention many quirks can be worked out with AT&T rolling it out later.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Kind of anti-climactic this year, huh? Last year was all about LTE and dual cores. This year will probably see a few quad core phones, but debateable how much that will help performance and so nothing on the horizon more than very marginal upgrades. Maybe this will be the year of Android apps.