ASUS ZenWatch Quick Look [VIDEO]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

If you're in the market for a smartwatch be sure to to put the ASUS ZenWatch on your list. I found this watch surprisingly light, not cheap feeling, with an excellent build quality. The only issue I had with it was with the heart rate monitor and you will see that in the video. It takes a a couple times to get an accurate heart rate and I don't know if thats a hardware or software issue. My resting heart rate is 60BPM, and as you will see in the video, the first go around shows it at 120BPM. Perhaps it needs to calibrate to the user? I don't know.

My overall opinion of this smartwatch is an eight (8) on a scale of 1-10 (ten being the highest rating). I scored it an eight (8) because as a fitness buff if a smartwatch has a heart rate monitor it needs to be accurate. Some people won't even care about that, and if that is the case I would definitely recommend the ASUS ZenWatch.

Enjoy the quick run-thru.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Very nice overview.

As for the heart rate, I know the galaxy devices that measure heart rate all tell you to try to remain still & quiet, so that may have a little something to do with it.

The more of these that come out, the more I'm considering picking one up when I have some extra play money, so I appreciate the quick look for sure.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got a bit of tachycardia, so it's nice to get a clearer picture on my rate with different activities.

For anyone wondering, I put the Note 4 on one finger and a pulse ox (the thing that pinches your finger & has a similar red light) that the nurses at work use and trust & they both red the same on my O2 level and pulse.

Sent from my Note 4