Asus Says Transformer Prime Update Will Bring Awesome New Features

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
transprime.jpg

Earlier today on Facebook Asus teased a new firmware update for their transformer prime tablet. The small post simply stated that the next firmware update for their device would have "awesome new features". Check out their post below.

asus.jpg

Asus Finland also posted about the update but went into a bit more detail than their North American counterparts. Their post breaks down a list of updates and features included in the firmware upgrade. Keep in mind that this list may not apply to North America devices.

asusfinland.jpg

Let us know what you think of these announcements in the forums.

Source: Phandroid and Smart Keitai

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this was the first tablet IMO asus screwed up on .. No GPS and Poor wifi .. bad design some engineer probably lost his job ( or at least should have )

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
this was the first tablet IMO asus screwed up on .. No GPS and Poor wifi .. bad design some engineer probably lost his job ( or at least should have )

I have no issue with my wifi. I did talk to their support about it when I first got it, but a couple simple changes to my router and wifi is great now. Haven't really used GPS though so I can't vouch for that one.

One feature I'd love to see in the US update is the remember desktop/mobile mode for the browser. That would be awesome.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah the gps sucks but never had an issue with wifi. I actually love the tablet, but it does require some patience. This new update allegedly has "fixes galore" according to asus haha

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I didn't buy it for GPS and my WiFi has never been a problem. I noticed before one of the updates that my WiFi display on the bottom right corner would loose a bar or two, but WiFi Analyzer always showed a constant signal. WiFi's not an issue. I kind of wish people would stop saying it is, because it isn't.