Asus Eee Pad Transformer Gets New Software Update; Bug Fixes and Stability Enhanced

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
EeePadTransformer-420x303.jpg

Not long ago, we shared that Asus was working on an update to fix a ton of bugs and improve stability of ICS on the OG Eee Pad Transformer. We can rejoice as that update is now rolling out OTA. The new update is software build IML74K.US_epad-9.21.17-20120312, and should make life much easier on the tab now. Sound off in the thread if you have received it already and share your experience.

Source: TransformerForums.com via TalkAndroid

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
downloading now. had no problems before .. whats on the list of fixes??

Last edited:

cj1896

Reaction score
I accepted it last night. Hopefully it fixes the reboot and sound loss issues for me. From what I understand this is a common problem. All in all, despite the bugs, kudos to Asus for pushing the update out. This is how other manufacturers should do it, put out the Rom with as few bugs as possible and then fix it incrementally.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
So I downloaded the update, tried to apply, and it failed. Realized I have CWM installed which I assume is causing the issue. Problem is now I can't get out of CWM. Reboot keeps looping me back. Crap...

Sal R.

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to update cuz of two posts @xda regarding a non-functional power button after the update.

ajk23az

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to update cuz of two posts @xda regarding a non-functional power button after the update.

i updated and everything is fine and dandy with mine. the random reboots are gone after I installed ICS and its like new now! :)

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Well, I was able to get out of CWR only now I have to cold boot on each start up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have searched and not found much of anything that is helpful.

cj1896

Reaction score
Well, I was able to get out of CWR only now I have to cold boot on each start up. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have searched and not found much of anything that is helpful.

If it will turn on (which I think I am reading) you can put it into APX mode and use NVFlash to go back to another stock or stock rooted Rom. It will restore the stock recovery as well.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
If it will turn on (which I think I am reading) you can put it into APX mode and use NVFlash to go back to another stock or stock rooted Rom. It will restore the stock recovery as well.

I am able to power it on with no problem. I am going to search for a thread and see if I can find detailed instructions on how to use NVFlash as I have never done it before. Worst case I will be making another exchange tonight. :biggrin:

AsrMatt

Reaction score
I was able to NVFlash to the ICS OTA (pre beta fix patch) and fix my issue. I then was having issues with root so I tried another NVFlash file to see if I could go back to Honeycomb. Bad idea. I have a brick for a tablet. Thankfully I am still in the 45 day return period so I will be making an exchange tonight.

EDIT: FIXED IT! Somehow I was able to get it NVFlash ICS again. Now I just need to figure out this root issue.

Last edited:

cj1896

Reaction score
I haven't checked what root method works for ICS. Glad it worked. On a side note I woke up this morning and the tablet was in a bootloop so it does not appear that the OTA fixed my issues.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
[ROOT] TF101 ICS from OTA - xda-developers

This is the method that I used. Found I have to root before the bug fix OTA was applied and then install the root keeper app from the market. Applied the update and used root keeper to re-root and now everything is working great. Time to test the OTA and see if it fixes my issues or not.