Asus 5 in 1 Windows/Android hybrid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
asus_transformer_book_v_pr_2.jpg
Asus unveils 5-in-1 Android Windows Transformer Book V tabfonetop ExtremeTech

^ That would be the direction I would like to see manufacturers go. To have a device that can be that versatile will really be worth the money especially if powered with the right internals.

Thoughts

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree, nice to see them going in this direction. "Surface-like". When we shopping for laptops for the wife a couple months ago, she almost went with this really sweet Sony where the screen could be flipped over ontop of the keyboard so you could use it as a tablet. That thing was amazingly thin for a laptop. (it was only 14" though and that was a problem) Being that we just purchased our S5s and we've already got tablets, she ended going with a standard 17" laptop. Even though we rarely use CD/DVDs anymore, she wanted a drive anyway for movies & software we already have. Plus, the fact that you can get a 17" laptop these days for under 1000 bucks, that's absolutely packed to the gills hardware-wise, made it even more attractive (and practical) for what she was looking for.
I should add that she's big into PC gaming, so the larger screen was an issue in that respect as well.

tap'n on my S5

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I wanted one of these tab/phones when Asus started making them. It is a really great idea. And the dual boot nature of this seems to offer a potential for productivity and overall usefulness that businesses should take note. Applications for this setup are far reaching.

Reactions: cr6