Asus Officially Outs the Transformer Book V; Windows/Android Dual Boot Hybrid Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-transformer-book-v.jpg

It looks like Asus is truly trying to create a device that is nearly all things to all people. Frequently, that type of strategy fails, but it's possible Asus may have hit on that magical winning combination. They just announced the Transformer Book V, which is a tablet/phone/laptop hybrid device. Along with the all-in-one combination of these physical devices, it even includes the ability to dual-boot between Windows and Android on the tablet and laptop portions of the device.

Here's what the Transformer Book V consists of:

• It has a 12.5-inch tablet screen dock
  • Combining the phone with the tablet dock makes it a tablet
  • Combining the phone & tablet with the keyboard dock transforms it into a laptop
  • While in tablet or laptop mode it can switch between Windows and Android (although the phone is Android only)
  • The phone section contains an Intel Moorefield chip
  • The keyboard dock section contains an Intel Core CPU
  • It contains 2GB of RAM in the phone/tablet
  • While the laptop section has 4GB of RAM
  • The phone and tablet use 64GB of storage and the laptop has 128GB of storage
The only other specs/hardware revealed was the following:

• 1 x DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60Hz)
  • 1 x Mini DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60Hz)
  • 1 x HDMI 2.0 (4K at 60Hz) / MHL 3.0 (4K at 30Hz)
  • 1 x HDMI 1.4 (4K at 30Hz)
  • 4 x USB 3.0 ports
Asus is really taking things to a whole new level with the "Transformer" series. The name is more fitting than ever!

Here's our new forum section for it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/asus-transformer-book-v/

Source: Asus Transformer Book V

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is VERY interesting. Although that's a honkin' big tablet, so I'm not sure why I'd prefer this over a quality ultrabook (and a smaller, lighter separate tablet). Definitely has some potential. Maybe if it sells they'll eventually come out with 10" and 15" options.

Gotta give Asus credit - they really seem to be the only OEM truly pushing the envelope/imagination.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
too bad the phone more than likely won't work with VZW... I absolutely love the idea of this for work... being able to grab what I need when I need it. definitely going to keep my eye on this.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like this idea as well and would like to see it on VZW but as mentioned by liftedplane, that probably won't happen (although I wouldn't mind be being wrong on that :))...