Asus 5 in 1 Windows/Android hybrid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
asus_transformer_book_v_pr_2.jpg
Asus unveils 5-in-1 Android Windows Transformer Book V tabfonetop ExtremeTech

^ That would be the direction I would like to see manufacturers go. To have a device that can be that versatile will really be worth the money especially if powered with the right internals.

Thoughts

I agree, nice to see them going in this direction. "Surface-like". When we shopping for laptops for the wife a couple months ago, she almost went with this really sweet Sony where the screen could be flipped over ontop of the keyboard so you could use it as a tablet. That thing was amazingly thin for a laptop. (it was only 14" though and that was a problem) Being that we just purchased our S5s and we've already got tablets, she ended going with a standard 17" laptop. Even though we rarely use CD/DVDs anymore, she wanted a drive anyway for movies & software we already have. Plus, the fact that you can get a 17" laptop these days for under 1000 bucks, that's absolutely packed to the gills hardware-wise, made it even more attractive (and practical) for what she was looking for.
I should add that she's big into PC gaming, so the larger screen was an issue in that respect as well.

tap'n on my S5

I wanted one of these tab/phones when Asus started making them. It is a really great idea. And the dual boot nature of this seems to offer a potential for productivity and overall usefulness that businesses should take note. Applications for this setup are far reaching.

Reactions: cr6
Back