Asurion wont replace my R2-D2 need help.

GT Motion

Reaction score
I am on the phone with Asurion, I just replaced my R2-D2 phone through their insurance only to receive a regular droid 2, and they said there is nothing they can do to get me the R2-D2. That is unacceptable to me because the value is significantly different in these two phones for several reasons including resale.

I am on hold right now, I need help, they have me on hold, what other phone can I ask them for that is comparable in value? The R2-D2 is limited and worth money, so I feel like a regular Droid 2 is a big step back in value.

What should I tell these people?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It was a limited edition phone, so you're pretty much out of luck. They can't give you what they can't get.

OP
G

GT Motion

Reaction score
It was a limited edition phone, so you're pretty much out of luck. They can't give you what they can't get.

yea that's a bummer...they are sending me a Droid 2 Global with some accessories, not sure if that is better or worse.

OP
G

GT Motion

Reaction score
I would have went for a D3?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

They would laugh at you, especially with the backlog of D2's and D2G's they still have.

This is exactly what happened, I asked for the Droid 3 and she actually laughed. I told her I am not trying to get something better I just want something of comparable value. They said the Droid 3 is considered a phone upgrade and per their agreement with Verizon they cannot send me an upgraded phone, I have to do that through Verizon. Also, Verizon said that the only comparable phones are the Droid 2's and Droid 2 global.

So basically they sent me more useless accessories and the global...gahh

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Lol limited? That,thing sold so poorly they were damn near giving them away.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is exactly what happened, I asked for the Droid 3 and she actually laughed. I told her I am not trying to get something better I just want something of comparable value. They said the Droid 3 is considered a phone upgrade and per their agreement with Verizon they cannot send me an upgraded phone, I have to do that through Verizon. Also, Verizon said that the only comparable phones are the Droid 2's and Droid 2 global.

What accessories are they sending? I'd be happy with a D2G and a car charger.

Aiesline

Reaction score
OP PM me I have the direct number for a regional account manager. They might be able to push something along. It worth a shot.

OP
G

GT Motion

Reaction score

What accessories are they sending? I'd be happy with a D2G and a car charger.

Ear piece, leather case, and car charger, on top of the other ear piece, leather case and car charger they already sent for mixing up my address. I now have lots of accessories.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Send a car charger my way. :p

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums