Asurion wont replace my R2-D2 need help.

GT Motion

Reaction score
I am on the phone with Asurion, I just replaced my R2-D2 phone through their insurance only to receive a regular droid 2, and they said there is nothing they can do to get me the R2-D2. That is unacceptable to me because the value is significantly different in these two phones for several reasons including resale.

I am on hold right now, I need help, they have me on hold, what other phone can I ask them for that is comparable in value? The R2-D2 is limited and worth money, so I feel like a regular Droid 2 is a big step back in value.

What should I tell these people?

It was a limited edition phone, so you're pretty much out of luck. They can't give you what they can't get.

It was a limited edition phone, so you're pretty much out of luck. They can't give you what they can't get.

yea that's a bummer...they are sending me a Droid 2 Global with some accessories, not sure if that is better or worse.

I would have went for a D3?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

They would laugh at you, especially with the backlog of D2's and D2G's they still have.

This is exactly what happened, I asked for the Droid 3 and she actually laughed. I told her I am not trying to get something better I just want something of comparable value. They said the Droid 3 is considered a phone upgrade and per their agreement with Verizon they cannot send me an upgraded phone, I have to do that through Verizon. Also, Verizon said that the only comparable phones are the Droid 2's and Droid 2 global.

So basically they sent me more useless accessories and the global...gahh

Lol limited? That,thing sold so poorly they were damn near giving them away.

This is exactly what happened, I asked for the Droid 3 and she actually laughed. I told her I am not trying to get something better I just want something of comparable value. They said the Droid 3 is considered a phone upgrade and per their agreement with Verizon they cannot send me an upgraded phone, I have to do that through Verizon. Also, Verizon said that the only comparable phones are the Droid 2's and Droid 2 global.

What accessories are they sending? I'd be happy with a D2G and a car charger.

OP PM me I have the direct number for a regional account manager. They might be able to push something along. It worth a shot.

What accessories are they sending? I'd be happy with a D2G and a car charger.

Ear piece, leather case, and car charger, on top of the other ear piece, leather case and car charger they already sent for mixing up my address. I now have lots of accessories.

Send a car charger my way. :p

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Back