Asurion and the Maxx....

michaelbailey

Reaction score
Just got put on backorder to get a new maxx... anyone have any idea how long this might be? they keep telling me 3-7 days on average, but who knows.

HRod08

Reaction score
After having 3 bad refurbs from Asurion I got them to upgrade me from a Droid Razr to a brand new, in box, Razr Maxx.

Fyi, if it doesn't come in the original packaging from Motorola its not the, "NEW", replacement they promised.

HRod08

Reaction score
michaelbailey said:
Just got put on backorder to get a new maxx... anyone have any idea how long this might be? they keep telling me 3-7 days on average, but who knows.

it took 2 days before I was sent an email confirming my phone was back in stock and shipped out. I'll give them credit for sending out a phone quickly but their refurbs are pretty bad. At least the 3 they sent me.

eddiechi

Reaction score
I had to order a replacement Razr Maxx from Assurion today and they told me they are on backorder and don't know when it will be shipped out.... does anyone know how long they are usually on backorder w/ assurion... didn't expect to have to wait since the phone has been out for months now...

Thank You

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Finally did my claim. I have had a shattered screen for about 4 months now and decided to claim it once a large chunk fell out and I could see the bottom of the LCD. Wondering if asurion is good on their next day shipping....

kevins686

Reaction score
Wondering if asurion is good on their next day shipping....

I'm hard on phones, so over the past nine years I've been with Verizon, I've probably put in four or five claims with Asurion for several different phones. Went through three different Thunderbolts, for example. For me, submitting a claim has always been as simple as filling out the online form, paying by credit card, and waiting for the UPS man to knock the next day. Never once have I had to speak with anyone by phone. In all but one instance, my replacements were NIB versus refurbs. I've heard lots of horror stories about Asurion, so I know for a lot of people they leave a lot to be desired, but for me, they've performed perfectly.

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Yeah my og DROID took a few beatings and went through two of them.... they have been helpful. I've read a few negative things but people are always going to be ten times more likely to post a complaint...so i take it with a grain of salt

The new interface let's you select your replacement from all phones... which is weird my account showed I had a white RAZR and not a maxx.. so I changed it and no extra fees...

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Got my Maxx replacement earlier today. very happy asurion lived up to the one day shipping, awesome. and ive had them send me replacements in the plain white box, however im almost pretty sure i got a NIB Maxx. Came in original verizon packing with all accesories just like my first.
overall very pleased.

biggdave92

Reaction score
so does anyone know what asurion is replacing the maxx with now? still the maxx?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's still the Maxx. They are still available as a new phone, so there is plenty of supply of refurbs. They won't do anything different until the supply of referbs runs out which is usually quite while after they quite selling them as new.