Assurion warranty replacement

crashN2u

Reaction score
I have an R2D2 edition droid. It's been acting up. I know assurion will not replace it with another R2D2 so I have tried going through motorola using the manufacturer's warranty. Not only did they not fix it, they damaged my phone further. I am ready to give in and just replace it.

Has anyone replaced their droid 2s lately? Since it's been discontinued, what are they offering as a replacement? Globals? I'm thinking about waiting as long as possible until inventory gets low, maybe I'll luck out and get a droid 3.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
D: if you get a D3 do tell, I think my D2 will end up in a fatal accident very soon

OP
C

crashN2u

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon since verizon and motorola still has it on their websites.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm almost positive they're going to be offering D2G's for quite sometime.

anthrolover

Reaction score
I took my R2D2 into Verizon at the end of July because it kept freezing and they sent me a new one in the mail 2 days later. I then mailed the old one back. It was completely free, although I think the phone was refurbished. Works 10 times better than the other one. I didn't need to use the insurance because it was still under warranty. It was surprisingly easy.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
3 months ago I used Assurion to replace my bricked D2, they let me keep the battery and memory card and mailed me a brand new D2 in 2 days. I was quite impressed, the service person at Verizon said they take forever and are hard to get a hold of but I had no problems at all.

juv3

Reaction score
3 1/2 weeks ago I sent asurion a droid 1 and they sent me a Droid 2 Global and its the best phone ever now with GB on it

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

Graymayre

Reaction score
That's how I got my D2G. And the D3 will completely replace the D2G as soon as their inventory runs out. When it is no longer available, warranty replace it from Asurion, they'll send you a refurbished D2G, then screw it up and sbf it and warranty replace it again. Ask for a New instead of refurbished and they might give you a D3.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
D: if you get a D3 do tell, I think my D2 will end up in a fatal accident very soon

People like you ruin **** for everyone else. I hope they send u a cheap ass lg ally

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Last edited:

destin246

Reaction score
Dude chill out lol why do u get so serious?? I'm guessing you have never done anything wrong and your perfect huh?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

check423

Reaction score
These insurance companies charge way too much for their replacements. I broke my droid1 and got a free DROID 2 probably a year ago. Most of the time , the replacement phone is broke. The way I see it is they should definitely give out some free upgrades

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

destin246

Reaction score
+1 dude these people act like its murder..

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Dude chill out lol why do u get so serious?? I'm guessing you have never done anything wrong and your perfect huh?

No but I was told by a Verizon rep that the reason they changed the pricing on insurance is because people do this exact thing.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No but I was told by a Verizon rep that the reason they changed the pricing on insurance is because people do this exact thing.

This is the reason insurance goes up for anything. People are too selfish to care about the long-term effect.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Graymayre

Reaction score
This is the reason insurance goes up for anything. People are too selfish to care about the long-term effect.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Insurance went up because the cost of phones are 2-3 times what they were previously. Go get some good kush and relax..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums