Arrgh! calendar events on Droid X keep disappearing!

carillon

Reaction score
What is going on? My daughter's new Droid X will randomly just delete calendar events that she has entered either directly or through her Google calendar. This kept happening so she decided to talk to Verizon. They said they had never heard of such an issue but agreed to replace her phone with a new one.

The new one also has the problem. What on earth could be causing this? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

diverbelow

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Droid. But what I found out is that in my Google calendar, I had multiple "My calendar" entries without knowing it. When I browse to GC, everything shows up, but not on my Droid. Once I figured out that I had multiple my calendar entries I deleted the others and started over.

There is a thread: Calendar Events Disappearing!!!! that other people are having a similar problem.

jjmatuszak

Reaction score
Same Problem

I am having the same problem. I put an in entry three times and watched, after it was processed literally just disappear. Does anyone know of any fixes to this problem

allyfess

Reaction score
Me too....help

I am having the same problem on my new Droid 2. I put in a new event and it totally disappears. We have three Droid 2's in the house and this only happens on one! I have looked everywhere to try and find an answer. Verizon has no idea and says they have never heard of the problem.

dakwest

Reaction score
Work around for this problem

I am having the same problem but have found a workaround. It seems that this issue presents itself when you try to enter the calendar item in a specific date and time. Example: you go to your calendar, select a date and press the specific time on that date and the edit event window pops up. You enter the info and press SAVE and in a few minutes, the event disappears.

Workaround that works for me: When you open the calendar. Press the MENU button in the lower left...Click + MORE...then Click New Event. Enter your info and press SAVE and the event is there to stay and it syncs with Google Calendar.

Try this and let us know if it works for you.

RayR

Reaction score
I am having the same problem but have found a workaround. It seems that this issue presents itself when you try to enter the calendar item in a specific date and time. Example: you go to your calendar, select a date and press the specific time on that date and the edit event window pops up. You enter the info and press SAVE and in a few minutes, the event disappears.

Workaround that works for me: When you open the calendar. Press the MENU button in the lower left...Click + MORE...then Click New Event. Enter your info and press SAVE and the event is there to stay and it syncs with Google Calendar.

Try this and let us know if it works for you.
dakwest, bloody brilliant!. I tried it and it seems to be sticking. This thing worked for about a month on my X then events started disappearing. I didn't know if I was messing it up until I realized it's the phone. Interesting to note that other calendars I tried wouldn't hold info either. Definitely a phone issue.

Spoke too soon...not working again.

RayR

Reaction score
just vanishes

even with the work around I can watch the entry just disappear =(

RayR

Reaction score
lame work around

even with the work around I can watch the entry just disappear =(
I hate all these steps, but the only way it works for me is to add to Google calendar. So, I saved the calendar in Favorites and go from there.

Evargh16

Reaction score
Droid X calendar issues

Hello all; proud new owner of a Droid X and really enjoying this new phone.
The calendar new event disappearing act was pretty perplexing for me but I think I might have gotten the thing figured out.
When adding a new event the field of WHO; required: I left it blank and my calendar synced nicely without the event disappearing. I noticed previously if I entered a name that wasnt a contact /place it would disappear and I would get a notice of delivery failure in my spam inbox.
So to recap, when entering a new event if not a (Email)contact, leave the WHO field blank, it should now sync . I tried it a few times and it looks good. Please let me know if this helped.
Loving this phone...old one was windows mobile samsung omnia..."Shudder"

RayR

Reaction score
...So to recap, when entering a new event if not a (Email)contact, leave the WHO field blank, it should now sync . I tried it a few times and it looks good. Please let me know if this helped.
Loving this phone...old one was windows mobile samsung omnia..."Shudder"

Seems to be working. Got a test to stick. Waiting for set time to see what happens next (fingers crossed). I have been going via the browser and adding events online. Only problem besides the extra steps, is you get only 30 min. intervals to select.

lancerlots

Reaction score
best guess

i have just been going through this and after having read other forums it does appear that just filling out the "what" part of the event with just the time will keep the event and sync it with google calendar. my best guess is that google calendar does not have the "who" part or other parts and when it tries to sync the two it gets confused and just erases both events. i tried motorola it and they did not seem to know much about this. i figure so many people just use the calendar on the phone and for those who dont sync the phone, my best guess is that they dont have this problem.....or those who are lazy and dont fill out any other field except what and the time....this is all my best guess. please others confirm or deny this to see if it holds true.

Last edited: