Are you going to buy retail/used phones to keep Unl Data?

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
I like my Unl plan as it is and just plan on picking up phones from craigslist from now on without upgrading/switching codes. I used to do this when I worked for At&t(no contract/employee lines). The negatives would be costing double the upgrade price and not being able to afford the latest phones :frown:. I would have to use the $50 plan and the $20 difference would pay for a new phone.

Anyone know if the current plan will work with 4g?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
You won't lose your unlimited data if you upgrade to a new phone through Verizon.

OP
X

xxturbowesxx

Reaction score
You won't lose your unlimited data if you upgrade to a new phone through Verizon.

Grandfathered plans are erased with the purchase of a new phone.. at least thats how AT&T does it.

Where did you get that info?

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
To my knowledge Verizon won't mess with the unlimited status with the upgrade to a new phone. If they would it will be awhile before 4g would become widely used.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score

Grandfathered plans are erased with the purchase of a new phone.. at least thats how AT&T does it.

That's AT&T, this is Verizon. Had a friend that just upgraded to the Charge from her X and kept her unlimited plan. Only new accounts and new lines added to existing accounts are affected by the new tiered data plans.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I can't find the article now but I saw an article about a week ago saying that VZW grandfathered plans keep their unlimited plan even with an upgrade. It also said that upgrading from 3g to 4g would also be okay.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
EDIT: Ignore this post. Replied to wrong thread. :D

Last edited:

Blacksantron

Reaction score
It rained yesterday

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com

That might be how AT&T does it but not how Verizon is doing it.

I upgraded after the July 7th date and still have unlimited data (grandfathered in...Droid to Droid 3). You can renew your contract and upgrade your phone and retain the same data plan you have (even moving to a 4G device). You can't change your plan though....

nikecar

Reaction score
+1 as to why Verizon is better than ATT

VZWSupport

Reaction score
I can't find the article now but I saw an article about a week ago saying that VZW grandfathered plans keep their unlimited plan even with an upgrade. It also said that upgrading from 3g to 4g would also be okay. Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
I can help you with this. No need to search for an article on it. If you currently have the Unlimited Email & Web feature for $29.99, you have the option to retain that feature after the next upgrade. And yes, you can go from a 3G to a 4G LTE device and keep the grandfathered feature. I hope that helps!DionM_VZWPlease follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

yoshi351

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this? I currently have the HTC Thunderbolt with unlimited data. Can I still keep the unlimited data plan if I get the Droid Bionic at full retail price and activate it through my account?(dont have a upgrade yet).

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this? I currently have the HTC Thunderbolt with unlimited data. Can I still keep the unlimited data plan if I get the Droid Bionic at full retail price and activate it through my account?(dont have a upgrade yet).

Yes. You're just changing phones. The contract remains the same.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums