Are you Glad you Chose the Thunderbolt?

TJF2011

Reaction score
Not that hard tbh. Thunderbolt was the first android I've ever rooted, and it was pretty easy.

how did you root your phone?? i heard there wasnt a fast way to do it..

I upgraded my droid x to a thunderbolt... i love the front facing camera and the way if feels in my hand, its heavier but i like it. Also, I like the HTC widgets alot better too... Over all i like HTC better than motorola.. however, the droid x was so simple to root, a 5th grader could do it. Im waiting for a quick app to root the thunderbolt. I have a few minor issues with the HTC which appear to be because the phone is new and HTC has not worked out all the kinks yet, some times it gets me upset, but they will do a software update im sure. .... Overall im happy with the phone, but the battery life sux

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Love it. Best phone I've had since the D1. The D2 and D2G didn't give me as much satisfaction as the TB.

I'll probably stick with HTC if they put out phones like this all the time.

jeremycnly

Reaction score

Yea I think I'm going to go to HTC I think I can deal with HTC Sense but I'm not getting the Thunderbolt, I'm waiting for the EVO 3D. I've made up my mind, patience is a wonderful virtue lol.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

nybadboy11

Reaction score
I'm coming from the x and I regret every second of it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nybadboy11

Reaction score
I agree for the most part I thought there was going to be a easy way to root...but its harder than hell and I'm spoon nervous to even try it sucks!

Pumaro

Reaction score
Very happy with the ThunderBolt, the speed is like crack.
I mean really whats not to like.
Its a fast phone on a super fast network.
Feels comfortable in your hands, less likely to drop it.
Never thought I'd say this, but the kickstand IS awesome.
ThunderBolt supports Talk and Surf and it works on 3G as well as 4G :)

funkyb

Reaction score
I agree for the most part I thought there was going to be a easy way to root...but its harder than hell and I'm spoon nervous to even try it sucks!

Bah, at least you don't need to write assembly :)

pandabear

Reaction score
If it weren't for the abysmal battery life, I would like this phone. I miss my X

Beardface

Reaction score

Yea I think I'm going to go to HTC I think I can deal with HTC Sense but I'm not getting the Thunderbolt, I'm waiting for the EVO 3D. I've made up my mind, patience is a wonderful virtue lol.

On Sprint?

Not to be offensive, but their network is awful. I was on my friend's EVO last night and their 4G speeds are about what Verizon's 3G speeds are. If its faster, it isn't by much. LTE blows Sprint away.

I mean, yeah... don't get me wrong, the EVO 3D is a completely awesome device, but get a TBolt on 1 year contract through Verizon and we should have their 3D device with better specs by the time its up, and in the meantime you're getting ridiculously good speeds on a great device.

jasno

Reaction score
Why can't I get on addicting games I could with my moto droid? Other than that its sweet gotta get the extended battery lasts all day now.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score

On Sprint?

Not to be offensive, but their network is awful. I was on my friend's EVO last night and their 4G speeds are about what Verizon's 3G speeds are. If its faster, it isn't by much. LTE blows Sprint away.

I mean, yeah... don't get me wrong, the EVO 3D is a completely awesome device, but get a TBolt on 1 year contract through Verizon and we should have their 3D device with better specs by the time its up, and in the meantime you're getting ridiculously good speeds on a great device.
i agree, their network is garbage. my coworker with evo was posting same network speeds on his 4g as my previous droid x on verizon's 3g.

armeddroid

Reaction score
The Tbolt is greatness. I am getting 8 hrs of moderate usage.
I will wait for the 2nd generation of 3D phones.
^_^

General Tso

Reaction score
Love it. I came from a droid x.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk