are we getting VZ ota jellybean?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Remember when we had gingerbread and if u were running a rom, u had to do all this crap to get ics leaks cause the phone wouldnt update ota........so whats the deal with jb, and when does it roll out?

TechTinker

Reaction score
It rolls out sometime next year. Early next year I hope.
I believe we'll have all the same issues.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
3rd quarter of next year according to Moto, unless the D4 reaches the end of its life-cycle (Droid5?).

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
If d5 came out in 3rd quarter, that would be perfect since my upgrade is nov.....
Although there isnt anything i would change on the d4 except quad core fa sho!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If things work out the way they did with ICS upgrade, we'll get JB before the Bionic which will put us in the 2nd quarter.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
3rd quarter of next year according to Moto, unless the D4 reaches the end of its life-cycle (Droid5?).

Motorola said early 2013, so most likely in the 1st quarter of next year, not the 3rd quarter. At latest I would expect it in the 2nd quarter. The new Razr M and Razr HD are expected to be updated before then end of this year and the Razr, 4 and Bionic sometime early 2013.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Is 4.2.2 considered JB or KLP? Here's where it says 4.2.2 is coming to the D4 in Q3 2013

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...2-2-key-lime-pie-upgrade-timeline-razr-x.html

I wouldn't put much faith in that posting, it's pure speculation. Currently all 4.2.x versions are still considered Jelly Bean.

Motorola said early 2013 for Jelly Bean on the Droid 4, Razr, Razr Maxx and Bionic. Hoping it'll be 4.2 but will most likely be 4.1.2.

We should also point out that sources of ours said that Motorola is targeting Q1 for Android 4.1 updates for the original RAZR and RAZR MAXX, Bionic, and D4. The RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD should see 4.1 before the end of the year.

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/19/motorola-posts-list-of-phones-not-receiving-jelly-bean-confirms-which-phones-will-get-the-update/

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Isnt cm10 just like having stock jellybean anyways?..we just have it sooner

So gay that hd razor and razor maxx gets the update sooner....d4 is a razor just with a keyboard..

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
CM10 is a heavily modded version of Jellybean source. They maintain their own repo with all their changes that many devs use to build ROMs. They originally pull AOSP (the actual Google source code) but modify a lot of the code so it's not quite the same as stock Jellybean.

Ignoring all that....Motorola modifies the AOSP code as well, adding in their moto-blur and specific hardware drivers, etc...

The Razr M and Razr HD/Maxx are the "spotlight" phones for Motorola currently so will get JB first (rumors of SOAK emails going out to M owners already). They are also different hardware than the Razr/Maxx, Bionic and D4.......which will get JB after....that's just how businesses work. Samsung is working on JB for the Galaxy SIII first, then will look at the SII.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I hope you're right Tom. The other benefit of getting JB officially from Moto is that we get a kernel built specifically for our phones.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Cm10 seemed boring to me..

I wouldnt mind the samsung, but i have to have a keyboard, or the phone would be sent thru a wall