Are we getting GB today

etavadia

Reaction score
I noticed that Droid X customers got their update today. When are we getting ours?

I need to update now!!!!

Thanks,
ET

myriad46

Reaction score
I noticed that Droid X customers got their update today. When are we getting ours?

I need to update now!!!!

Thanks,
ET

Sorry to ruin your morning, but it's going to be a while. I don't think it will take months, but certainly more than a few weeks. Why the hurry. It looks like our Blur is pretty close to the GingerBlur being released for the other Droid phones. Gingerbread doesn't add that much functionality. I'd prefer if they'd listen to the forums and fix some of these bugs in a 2.2.3 update. 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 will just bring more bugs that we'll have to live with for a while.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
For what its worth, both my droid 2 and droid pro running gingerbread have seemed to fix all of the issues I noticed with froyo. For example, now haptic feedback among many other things works as it should.

OP
E

etavadia

Reaction score
I'm using Launcher Pro w/ my new DX2 and it feels really sluggish. Screen redraws all the time no matter what settings I use. Thinking of going back to the new Blur and forgetting LP.

It seems weird that an older phone would get the update before one they just launched last week. Poor planning on Moto and VZW.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gingerbread is faster than Froyo, that's one reason to want it...I've been running GB on my D2 for weeks now and it has been rock solid, runs better than the Froyo ROMs I was running before. I'm expecting GB on the X2 to be a noticeable improvement on my wife's X2, if it's anything like the experience of going from Froyo to GB on the D2.

But patience is a virtue... :) It'll be here, just gotta retain the zen calm in the meantime.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I'm using Launcher Pro w/ my new DX2 and it feels really sluggish. Screen redraws all the time no matter what settings I use. Thinking of going back to the new Blur and forgetting LP.

It seems weird that an older phone would get the update before one they just launched last week. Poor planning on Moto and VZW.

Try go launcher ex one of the fastest smoothest experiences i've had to date.

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
I thought I read that Froyo doesn't take advantage of dual core, but GB does. If so, why wouldn't X2 get the update right away?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife is having good results with Go Launcher EX on her X2 as well.

myriad46

Reaction score
I thought I read that Froyo doesn't take advantage of dual core, but GB does. If so, why wouldn't X2 get the update right away?

Incorrect. Honeycomb was supposed to assist on phones, had it ever gotten there, but it looks now that Ice Cream Sandwich will be the next phone OS after GB and it may have native dual core support. For now, it will have to be app specific.

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
Thanks. Then I am willing to wait for GB and as you said, let them fix the bugs.

Elkay

Reaction score
Script Manager + V6 Supercharger script + option 7 on each boot fix all of the LauncherPro problems and some other performance problems as well. Doesn't fix the camera app rebooting the phone on occasion. Don't add it to your startup scripts since we have no SBF currently.

OP
E

etavadia

Reaction score
Script Manager + V6 Supercharger script + option 7 on each boot fix all of the LauncherPro problems and some other performance problems as well. Doesn't fix the camera app rebooting the phone on occasion. Don't add it to your startup scripts since we have no SBF currently.
Sounds promising but this may seem like a stupid question but how do I run that script. Is it something I create and run. Not very familiar with scripts on this phone.

Thanks in advance.

Elkay

Reaction score
Sounds promising but this may seem like a stupid question but how do I run that script. Is it something I create and run. Not very familiar with scripts on this phone.

Thanks in advance.

You need to be rooted. You can grab the script below. There is a TON of information on everything it does, way over a lot of peoples' heads. History Part 2 gets into the problem we're seeing.

[Script] V6 SuperCharger !! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! FIX MEMORY FOR ALL ANDROIDS! - xda-developers

bigdad63

Reaction score

try adw. Sometimes one launcher works better than the other.