are there ud and miui roms for the droid 2?

tktouch12

Reaction score
hey,
i'm thinking about ditching my dinc and getting a droid 2. but, i'm concerned with the lack of roms that i'm seeing. all i really need to be happy is ultimate droid and miui. do either (or both) of those exsist for the d2 and work well?
if not, why not?
thanks

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
though I love my d2... the droid 2 is suffering from lock down bootloader syndrome.... I would wait to see what that thunderbolt is all about first.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
thats what i hear. but all that affects is the ability to flash kernels right? i always stay on stock kernels, so thats not a problem for me.
i saw that ultimate droid does have a droid 2 version on his site, but what about a miui rom? does that exsist? and do either of these roms work well?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From what I understand it doesn't allow the ability to install AOSP roms like Cyanogenmod and MIUI.

microsnook

Reaction score
UD is making a Gingerbread rom for us D2 users as we speak.

CCRoms just released its new beta for the D2 as well. (It got pulled for bugs though, but will get released when fixed)

GummyJar is a nice rom, thats what I am on now and I like it. (waiting for UD :) )

Apex isnt bad either.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok, so when ultimate droid gets released fully it should be good? and in the meantime those are the good roms?

but i still would like to be able to change it up if i get bored for a while and go to miui. is that not possible? (because we cant have aosp roms, why is that?)

Azurikai

Reaction score
I would keep your dinc until something better comes out. Honestly d2 is kind lacking in the roms

Droid does Tapatalk

r1ckums

Reaction score
hey,
i'm thinking about ditching my dinc and getting a droid 2. but, i'm concerned with the lack of roms that i'm seeing. all i really need to be happy is ultimate droid and miui. do either (or both) of those exsist for the d2 and work well?
if not, why not?
thanks

I'll happily send my Droid2, otterbox, invisible shield, 16GB SDHC, gamegripper and everything to you for your dINC. Just Sayin.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
well im starting to get annoyed by not having a keyboard, so i'm thinking about getting a droid 1 or 2 and using it on occasion. so i guess i might as well just get a droid 1 since it has more roms? and the d2 probably isnt that much better? (question: besides the actual keyboard, but specs-wise,, is the droid 2 THAT much better than the droid 1 with all the roms the droid 1 has to offer? (fyi, i wont overclock either more than 200 over top stock speed)) r1ckums, that is an interesting offer, i dont know if i want to part forever with my dINC. i like a lot about it, and sense, but sometimes just want a keyboard. i'll think about it...

dch921

Reaction score
well im starting to get annoyed by not having a keyboard, so i'm thinking about getting a droid 1 or 2 and using it on occasion. so i guess i might as well just get a droid 1 since it has more roms? and the d2 probably isnt that much better? (question: besides the actual keyboard, but specs-wise,, is the droid 2 THAT much better than the droid 1 with all the roms the droid 1 has to offer? (fyi, i wont overclock either more than 200 over top stock speed)) r1ckums, that is an interesting offer, i dont know if i want to part forever with my dINC. i like a lot about it, and sense, but sometimes just want a keyboard. i'll think about it...

If its just going to be a second phone not your main one then just get a Droid 1. Atleast you can have fun flashing all the different ROMs out there.

Droid 2 does feel faster then the Droid 1 and the internal memory is nice but I do miss all the freedom and fun I had with the Droid 1 and flashing new ROMs almost daily.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score

If its just going to be a second phone not your main one then just get a Droid 1. Atleast you can have fun flashing all the different ROMs out there.

Droid 2 does feel faster then the Droid 1 and the internal memory is nice but I do miss all the freedom and fun I had with the Droid 1 and flashing new ROMs almost daily.
Alright thanks. I think that's what I'm going to do because ya, I can just flash them all and try them out. And the d2 has better specs but d1 will probably be fine as a secondary phone. If I want speed I can use my dinc.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Big Ry

Reaction score
hey,
if not, why not?
thanks
Ill trade you my D2 for your Dinc straight up! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk