Ud miui?

ballmore

Reaction score
You guys make very good points about MIUI that I didn't touch on in my post. I'm not bashing on it at all. I just really like U.D. and Sourcery. If I get a third Droid I might just try MIUI for a longer period of time to see what it can do. Like I said earlier. With all of these choices who am I to say what is best for somebody else. I personaly haven't had any major issues with The Ultimate Droid since U.D. 8 and I think that was because of the kernel that I tried with it. Whatever rom you guys choose will be much better than the stock droid. The rom developers really kick butt. :)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
One-MIUI has very few bugs. Reboots here and there and a few theme manager issues and that's really it. Jamezelle fixes most if it not all most of the time. Second-You can make MIUI look nothing like the iPhone. The settings layout will be the same and you'll have the same looking folders but you can make it look like any other ROM really. Especially if you use an alternate launcher such as LauncherPro. Then it looks just like any other and you still have all the features/goodies. It's amazing. Definitely worth trying out.

Personally, I like the iPhone shaped icons because I hate how icons for the Droid are different sizes. I used to have very busy screens and I didn't like having a row of icons that varied too much so it gives the phone a nice clean look when they're all the same shape. But, you can have AOSP based icons with it if you don't like that as well as many other icons from different themes. A lot of possibilities.

Last edited:

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
One-MIUI has very few bugs. Reboots here and there and a few theme manager issues and that's really it. Jamezelle fixes most if it not all most of the time. Second-You can make MIUI look nothing like the iPhone. The settings layout will be the same and you'll have the same looking folders but you can make it look like any other ROM really. Especially if you use an alternate launcher such as LauncherPro. Then it looks just like any other and you still have all the features/goodies. It's amazing. Definitely worth trying out.

Personally, I like the iPhone shaped icons because I hate how icons for the Droid are different sizes. I used to have very busy screens and I didn't like having a row of icons that varied too much so it gives the phone a nice clean look when they're all the same shape. But, you can have AOSP based icons with it if you don't like that as well as many other icons from different themes. A lot of possibilities.

Right on DJ cant be more detailed thn that!

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
I will have to thank Ballmore for the good points on the sourcery rom. i didnt even know that it came out becuase like i said, i was on vacation lol. but i will def try it out. i am currently on MIUI as of yesterday, and so far i sorta like it. i just wish the UI was more fluid and fast without having to put launcher pro in it. and what's also annoying is the weird conflict that the sound settings run into. either you have it in silent, then vibrate, or other settings, kinda annoying. it's hard to explain. but you're right, if you want an iphone-style phone then get an iphone. since most of us have droids, wait next month til iphone4verizon comes out lol

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
So is sourcery like UD 2.0 where it had the themer in it with the bootani chooser? and what a big thing is for me too is scripts. I came out of LFY and i loved how raziel put in good scripts in his rom. but, jamezelle did fix alot of things in MIUI which made it worth me trying out. I will most likely try out sourcery once i'm done playing around with MIUI for a bit longer.

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score

Right on DJ cant be more detailed thn that!

Right?!? Very good explanation. Nice job citing good points about MIUI DJ

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I can't wait for the next release. It's more focused on fixes and stability and apparently the new Theme Manager is a lot better with I think a new UI.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
...i just wish the UI was more fluid and fast without having to put launcher pro in it.

If you're referring to the stock MIUI launcher, if you're having choppy performance, then try going into the Settings --> System --> Launcher Settings, then disable the High-Res option. After that, my launcher performance is butter!

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
Oh no way!? I think they have a lot of things to fix like the sound settings. it's really weird. but i don't know if thats just me. Rotation, speed, and so on. only time will tell, that's the beautiful thing about these roms man. so many things can be added later. waiting makes it that much better.

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
...i just wish the UI was more fluid and fast without having to put launcher pro in it.

If you're referring to the stock MIUI launcher, if you're having choppy performance, then try going into the Settings --> System --> Launcher Settings, then disable the High-Res option. After that, my launcher performance is butter!

OMFG i love you Shusuke. That totally did lots of good damage. i didn't even think about taking that off >.< What about your transition effects? i have it on the default crossfade.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

OMFG i love you Shusuke. That totally did lots of good damage. i didn't even think about taking that off >.< What about your transition effects? i have it on the default crossfade.

holy crap I didn't even see the transitions.... falldown is hilarious imma leave that... page isn't bad either but I don't like books :p

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score

holy crap I didn't even see the transitions.... falldown is hilarious imma leave that... page isn't bad either but I don't like books :p

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Falldown is really sick. i didn't even notice that one either. Man this is great.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it should be good. I'm glad it gets updated every Friday too. And the themes are amazing.

Just to let you guys knows, the transitions were there on the last build too:)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it should be good. I'm glad it gets updated every Friday too. And the themes are amazing.

Just to let you guys knows, the transitions were there on the last build too:)

I'm still on that one (1.7) too many issues reported with 1.14 and 1.7 ran super smooth for me... I will be trying the new one in a few mins (1.22)