Are stock ICS blur lock screen apps customizable?

jimbarr

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the apps that are accessible from the ICS stock blur lock screen slider are configurable?

I love the simplicity of the stock blur lock screen, and while Widget Locker is certainly a possibility, I'd prefer to stay stock for now.

nh2123

Reaction score
I was wondering this myself ever since I installed the ICS leak. I don't think they are without somebody hacking in and making a program to do it. That being said there are a bunch of smart people on these forums that could prob. make it happen if they want to.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Yep, I've been using widgetlocker since about a week after I got my bionic. Haven't looked back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

scottdog129

Reaction score
I upgraded from 905 to the ICS .230 leak and my lock screen had the icon for Handcent on it, so it must be customizable. I just dont know how.

jayman350

Reaction score
I upgraded from 905 to the ICS .230 leak and my lock screen had the icon for Handcent on it, so it must be customizable. I just dont know how.

you sure about that being handcent? i have the text messaging icon on the lockscreen (6 o'clock position) but no idea how it would be changed to handcent. i would love to find a way to change the options on the lockscreen, but will probably have to wait until there is an AOKP or CM9 build for those options.

Kelden21

Reaction score
you sure about that being handcent? i have the text messaging icon on the lockscreen (6 o'clock position) but no idea how it would be changed to handcent. i would love to find a way to change the options on the lockscreen, but will probably have to wait until there is an AOKP or CM9 build for those options.

If you go to App management, and then text messaging, you can select Disable. As long as you only want to use HandCent to text, this will replace the text icon on the lock screen with handcent. That's the only way I've found to replace Icons. I've noticed no problems with doing this.

By the way, has anyone noticed the new folder structure of ICS? It's fantastic. Finally folders that are intuitive to create that give us an idea of what's inside. If you haven't tried it, all you need to do is drag and drop any icon onto any other icon, and you have created a folder. Click once and it opens up, click anywhere else and it closes. Label it whatever you want, and change the label whenever you want.

scottdog129

Reaction score
Kelden21 said:
If you go to App management, and then text messaging, you can select Disable. As long as you only want to use HandCent to text, this will replace the text icon on the lock screen with handcent. That's the only way I've found to replace Icons. I've noticed no problems with doing this.

By the way, has anyone noticed the new folder structure of ICS? It's fantastic. Finally folders that are intuitive to create that give us an idea of what's inside. If you haven't tried it, all you need to do is drag and drop any icon onto any other icon, and you have created a folder. Click once and it opens up, click anywhere else and it closes. Label it whatever you want, and change the label whenever you want.

First thing I noticed actually. I LOVE it!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jayman350

Reaction score

sweet i will check that out now, i have been using handcent exclusively for a year or so. i left the stock one on just to see if it was any better (it isn't).

and the folder creation is one of my favorite new features in ICS

Otakulad

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a dumb question. How do you get the slide lock screen? Do you have to have no security on your phone for it to come up (e.g. pin, pattern, face recognition)? Thanks for the help.

Kelden21

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a dumb question. How do you get the slide lock screen? Do you have to have no security on your phone for it to come up (e.g. pin, pattern, face recognition)? Thanks for the help.

System Settings > Security @ Screen Lock. Screen lock must be set to slide.

Otakulad

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. While nice, I would rather have security over convenience.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Awesome on the folder thing! 'Bout time :) Looking forward to ICS

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

sastone75

Reaction score

We don't have handcent we have chompsms on two of our razr's with ICS. One has it on the lock screen and the other doesn't. ALL our settings appear the same and neither has disabled the stock app nor have we installed a lockscreen app. ANY ideas???? I'd like to have chomp on my home screen as well I like it hands down over any other texting app it's WAY faster and IF you ever have a problem they work hard to fix it for you that day. (They fixed it for us the day ICS was released.)

droidrazr13

Reaction score
We don't have handcent we have chompsms on two of our razr's with ICS. One has it on the lock screen and the other doesn't. ALL our settings appear the same and neither has disabled the stock app nor have we installed a lockscreen app. ANY ideas???? I'd like to have chomp on my home screen as well I like it hands down over any other texting app it's WAY faster and IF you ever have a problem they work hard to fix it for you that day. (They fixed it for us the day ICS was released.)

If you disable the stock messaging app in manage apps then chomp sms is on the lockscreen, but when i did that then i stopped receiving text messages. Right now I'm using Magic Locker and I like it except that the screen locks automatically and you don't have the option to have the screen lock after a certain amount of time. i've heard about using widget locker, but you need to pay for it.

TechNut

Reaction score
Thanks for the post I looked all over to find how to replace the default text app with my Handcent. Disabling default replaced the new ICS unlock screen with Handcent!