Want to access GoSms from ICS lock screen

metalhead

Reaction score
Just updated to ICS and like how texting can be accessed from the lock screen. But, I like to use GoSms for texting and would like to remove the stock app from the lock screen and replace with Go. I figured it should be possible since the stock app can be replaced on the home screen but I haven't been able to figure out the lock screen. Any ideas?

Squeak87

Reaction score
I saw a few posts related to this on another thread, unfortunately I am not near my pc so I cannot post a link. I believe however that they suggest setting GoSMS as your default texting app. Hope this helps.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

tdperry

Reaction score
Just updated to ICS and like how texting can be accessed from the lock screen. But, I like to use GoSms for texting and would like to remove the stock app from the lock screen and replace with Go. I figured it should be possible since the stock app can be replaced on the home screen but I haven't been able to figure out the lock screen. Any ideas?

Go into settings-apps-all apps and select the built in text message (called text message) app and choose disable. Now you will see goSMS icon there. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Last edited:

jacestone40

Reaction score
Go into settings-apps-all apps and select the built in text message (called text message) app and choose disable. Now you will see goSMS icon there. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR
How do you enable the default text message app if you want to bring it back

Droid Kain

Reaction score
Thanks! This just worked for me as I wondering the same thing. Hopefully in an update thee let us actually modify the locker app shortcuts.

To re enable the text message app just go back to it under settings > apps and scroll to bottom where it lists your disabled apps. Click on text messaging then click "enable"

Droid RAZR Tapatalk 2

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the disconnect is. Under settings - Apps - there is "Downloaded" and "Internal Storage" as the two choices??

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

You should be able to "clear defaults" in the Go SMS app thru the manage apps settings...

tdperry

Reaction score

Same way but choose enable that will now be visible instead of disable. The disabled apps are at the bottom of the list.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Last edited:

tdperry

Reaction score
Not sure where the disconnect is. Under settings - Apps - there is "Downloaded" and "Internal Storage" as the two choices??

Keep scrolling to the right and you will see a tab called apps, it is there with all the apps in one place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
M

metalhead

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for!

Droid Kain

Reaction score

Did you find it? The top bar can slide to the left... slide it over to "all". Then look for text messaging. Sorry that I didn't state it originally...

Droid RAZR Tapatalk 2