Are paid apps still downloadable after a factory reset?

denlem

Reaction score
Does anyone know if paid apps can be installed again after a factory reset, or would it have to be purchased again?

Something has gone totally buggy with my Droid after trying out a couple of apps last night. Trying to remove one of the possible offenders just results in a black screen and it won't uninstall. Running some other apps just isn't possible. My only hope now is a reset, but I fear having to buy my paid stuff again.

Anyone know?

Last edited:

Russell

Reaction score
Your purchased applications are tied to your google account. After you reset the phone or get another phone you should be able to simply sign in to your gmail account and go install your paid apps again.

:)

thundercats

Reaction score
Just to verify, I exchanged my Droid for another one and I can safely say that this does work. It surprised the hell out of me when all my apps immediately came back! So great!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
This is a great thing because in a year or 2 when we all upgrade I would think our paid apps will hopefully still be available.

OP
denlem

denlem

Reaction score
I did my reset. Going into the market and checking my downloads, all my paid apps were listed and were downloadable. All my free downloads were listed too. The weird thing was after I restored a few, I went back into the market to do some more and all the free ones are now no longer listed. Don't know what happened to them in the download list, but they are no longer listed. Paid apps are still listed though.