are anyone else's sounds/music player suddenly high pitched and sped up???

filbertmeek

Reaction score
i've had my droid for a while now and a month ago i had this funny thing happen when i was listening to music. all of a sudden the song would speed up and skip and crackle. sometimes it would stop and return to normal, but other times it kept going, even if i changed songs, forced stop on the music application, and restarted my phone.

after a day or so it went away. but then the other day i was taking photos and the Zoom In noise and Shutter noise sounded a little off. i realized they were sped up (high pitched)! then i went to cubed (the music player i use now) and the songs were sped up and messing up all over the place. this was at work today.

so i'm home now and i've been through about 3 songs on shuffle and they've all played fine.

anyone have ANY idea what the hell is going on???

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope but one time while playing music in my truck with no AC while it was about 105* outside, my phone started to overheat so SetCPU dropped the speed REALLY low and my music was playing in super slow motion. Sounded awesome.

kaida

Reaction score
Alvin and the android

This used to happen to me too. I cant remember how i fixed it. All i know is when i switched roms it was all better. Try that. If your rooted, maybe its time for a change :).

ducksteino

Reaction score
Yes this is happening to me and I'm not having any luck fixing it. it didn't start until I received a firmware update a couple weeks back. Oh, and it happens when playing alarms as well. It sucks.

chelgeorge

Reaction score
funky droid speed and noise

yes, i'm having this problem too. it seemed to happen after the froyo system update installed. the sound is slightly sped up and it makes loud, high pitched popping type noises that really hurts the ear. I listed to audiobooks constantly and it's really a pain to listen to a book in fast forward mode.

mikespe

Reaction score
Mine isn't popping or crackling but I have noticed that there is less bass when listening thru headphones. I thought maybe they put an EQ setting in the new update that defaulted to this and I just couldn't find it. But now I know I'm not the only one hearing this..

sal33n

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I ended up wiping the the system completely apps and all and doing factory reset. No problems since with music.