Are any Thunderbolt ROMS supported?

otter34

Reaction score
My girlfriend has finally agreed to let me root her thunderbolt. Are there any ROMs being supported? Really all we need is wireless tether. I read about barnacle tether in the market, but people were saying their carrier found out so I'm looking for wireless tether built into the ROM. Afterall it would be pretty easy for them to notice which apps you use and lock you out

edit: 102 views and nobody can answer lol?

Last edited:

djfargo

Reaction score
I am running gingerbread rocks.9 and love it, debloated version just to clean up my phone space, it has a wifi teacher loaded in it and have had no issues, the revolutionary root method has been posted step by step on here and a visual version I think is even on YouTube. I had never rooted prior to this and do not classify myself a phone genius by any means, if you follow the rules and make backups as instructed it is pretty straight.forward.
Always verify the download
Never root without a fully charged battery
Do not panic as your phone might do nothing for a few moments "minutes"
Always make a backup, if the dev says u will lose your data w/out backup it is gone.
The fancier roms and radio combinations are best left until you fully know what you are doing.
IMHO, once rooted you will never return to a stock phone.

Sent from a bolt of lightning.

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Always verify the download
Never root without a fully charged battery
Do not panic as your phone might do nothing for a few moments "minutes"
Always make a backup, if the dev says u will lose your data w/out backup it is gone.
The fancier roms and radio combinations are best left until you fully know what you are doing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The ROM I was using for the past two months was ThunderShed. I thought it was AWESOME. Then I dropped my phone Sunday night and now I can't root my replacement Thunderbolt.

Google "ThunderShed RootzWiki" and you'll be all hooked up. The developer is very active and so far has done 3 versions since New Years. He even incorporated MAP after I asked him, so that the phone works with cars that read texts aloud and sends text messages like the MyFord Touch system.

Now that I can't root I may move on. The TB community is basically dead'n stinkin'.

EDIT: I got it rooted. I'll hang on a bit longer!

Last edited:

djfargo

Reaction score
I hear tell that the newest update blocks the previously used exploit, I did not have to downgrade as I have made a point to keep my phone back one upgrade to see what demons arise from new releases. I have read and watched a couple of videos about downgrading prior to root access and it seems straight forward. Although the extra steps do seem to be a p.i.t.a...