archive gmail

tony1208

Reaction score
so i archive a email on the moto droid and now its no where to be found ???
i did some test emails and the same thing ....where on earth do they go once archived??? i checked on my desktop under all mail on gmail and nothing there..possible bug??

Stigy

Reaction score
When I archive my mail it goes straight to All Mail just as it would if I were to archive an email on my desktop.

Do a test: Send yourself two emails with a unique subject, then archive one on the desktop and one on your phone. Then do a search for them on your desktop AND in the GMail app click Menu > Labels > All Mail and see if you see the email.

We can see if its the Droid doing something strange or GMail itself.

OP
tony1208

tony1208

Reaction score
When I archive my mail it goes straight to All Mail just as it would if I were to archive an email on my desktop.

Do a test: Send yourself two emails with a unique subject, then archive one on the desktop and one on your phone. Then do a search for them on your desktop AND in the GMail app click Menu > Labels > All Mail and see if you see the email.

We can see if its the Droid doing something strange or GMail itself.

I sent a email from my pc to myself i archive it on the pc ,then checked if it was there still and it was ,then i went to my droid and nothing is achived. if i archive from the droid I see nothing on my desktop...looks like a bug

escomm12

Reaction score
Same here, only I accidentally archived an email on my Droid. I went looking for it, and it is lost somewhere. Fortunately the email was forwarded from my Hotmail account so at least I have a copy of it. Frustrating.
Any ideas, anybody?

escomm12

Reaction score
Found another post that explained how to find the "lost"/archived emails.
What tony1208 described in his post, worked for me, I was able to locate the email, clicked on labels, then change labels, then inbox, and it moved the email back to where I needed it to be.
Thanks forum.
Good info all around.