apps2SD problem

ducky124

Reaction score
i am trying to use
Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5 Final (09/12/2010)
on Sapphire 1.1.1

but I get an error message, tells me my ext partition is not mounted.....check with ROM developer if the boot image is programmed to run Apps2 SD.
What have I done wrong?

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all apps can be moved to the SD card. Check the developers site to verify.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I misread. I do not use that particular app nor do I have any apps on my SD card so I can not make any additional comments.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps2SD is native to Froyo, I don't understand why it isn't working unless there is a conflicting script that is causing issues for you---is this a clean install of Sapphire that you have recently performed

OP
D

ducky124

Reaction score
i did a clean/wipe install when it was released.
App2SD sees the partition,but says its not mounted

___ _____
| \ |
| | |
|__/ | Darktremor Apps2SD

[ ] GetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox getprop
[ ] SetProp Command = /system/bin/toolbox setprop
[ ] Mount Point = /system/sd
[ ] Creating /cache/dc
[ ] Symlinking /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cac
[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.
[ ] Searching for Mount Point...
[*] Mount point /system/sd located.
[ ] Checking for ext partition
[X] Ext partition found, but not mounted.
Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.
Check with your rom developer if the boot image
is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Your partition may be using an EXT4 partition,
but your rom may not support EXT4. Repartition
your SD card to use EXT2 or EXT3.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just went to the dev thread on xda, and I can't see that there's a Motorola Droid ROM running that supports this...are there any that you know of that use this?

update: looks like this can theoretically run on Droid, but cvpcs would have to add support for it in the boot image. I suggest filing an enhancement request in the bug tracker. Make sure to include all relevant links from xda, particularly xda-developers - View Single Post - [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5 Final (09/12/2010)

OP
D

ducky124

Reaction score
hmm, looks like I might might have rushed into something without reading fully.....

tkirton

Reaction score
The confusion lies in the fact that Darktremor Apps2SD is the old-style Apps2SD (known as Classic Apps2SD, A2SD+, Apps2EXT). It requires an EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 (if kernel supports it) partition on the SD card. It is not the same as Froyo Apps2SD.

The advantage to using Apps2EXT is that you can put all of your programs on the SD card. Froyo doesn't always allow you to do that unless you are using a 3rd party program.

Also, you can move the dalvik-cache to the SD card as well. Dalvik-cache takes up a lot of space in internal storage, so people like to move that off as well to free up more space.

I have not had any issues with using Apps 2SD. Seems to work just fine for me. See my sig for my setup. I use an app from the market to easily detect and move the apps.

'App 2 SD' on AppBrain: App 2 SD (move apps to SD) - Android app on AppBrain

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
The confusion lies in the fact that Darktremor Apps2SD is the old-style Apps2SD (known as Classic Apps2SD, A2SD+, Apps2EXT). It requires an EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 (if kernel supports it) partition on the SD card. It is not the same as Froyo Apps2SD.

The advantage to using Apps2EXT is that you can put all of your programs on the SD card. Froyo doesn't always allow you to do that unless you are using a 3rd party program.

Also, you can move the dalvik-cache to the SD card as well. Dalvik-cache takes up a lot of space in internal storage, so people like to move that off as well to free up more space.

I have not had any issues with using Apps 2SD. Seems to work just fine for me. See my sig for my setup. I use an app from the market to easily detect and move the apps.

'App 2 SD' on AppBrain: App 2 SD (move apps to SD) - Android app on AppBrain

Have they made a way to move apps 2 the Ext yet? i know Cyanogen use to be able to but now they dont have it D: