Apps won't download from Thunderbolt

goalie34

Reaction score
I just got my Thunderbolt today and am trying to download some apps from the market, however, they won't download. I keep getting an error message saying they're unsuccessful. Any reason why this is happening? Also, the Thunderbolt came with a lot of pre-installed apps but I can't seem to uninstall them. There are many that I don't want. Is there a way I can get rid of them?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can not uninstall preloaded apps unless you are rooted and they are still working on that.

Now for the error message. Go into settings, manage apps, running services/or all, find the market. Click force stop, clear data and cache. Then reboot and try again.

OP
G

goalie34

Reaction score
Tried to do all that but it still won't download anything.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only other thing I can suggest is try a factory reset.

janjy

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue - picked up the phone at lunchtime, but haven't been able to install any apps. I tried clearing the market app cache and data, but that hasn't helped.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I had several apps het stuck. I clicked on that app that trying to download and canceled the download then immediately initiated the download again and it worked fine. Also make sure you have gone into applications on the settings screen and check untrusted sources in case you have any of those kinds of apps.

Date

Reaction score
I'm sure that with the TBolt coming out today, the Market is inundated so it may be slow for a while.

janjy

Reaction score
It must have been the traffic - the apps are installing fine today. Thanks for all your suggestions!