Market download unsuccessful?

Djanvk

Reaction score
I downloaded a paid app and the purchase went through but I'm Unable to download that app. I keep getting a download unsuccessful error. It's a well supported app newsrob and I just wanted to upgrade to support the developer. Any help?

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can you go to the devs website and download from there on pc?

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you dl the free app first? Some paid apps (like ROM Manger) won't install without the free ver. on the phone first.

AquaDan88

Reaction score
I'm getting the same thing. I just changed to a 1ghz kernel and I was wondering if that had something to do with it. Now I'm not so sure. Is Google doing maintenance on the marketplace server?

Sent from my Droid

Steeeler

Reaction score
For whatever reason, it seems to me since I switched over to Froyo, I have had market downloading problems quite frequently. I have had the problem described by the OP.

I have found after a couple of downloads, if I delete the cache and clear data from the market, my downloads will resume without any problems. To do this, go to menu-applications-manage applications-all- then click on market. On the market tab you will find the button to push to clear cache and to clear data.

Works for me anyway.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason, it seems to me since I switched over to Froyo, I have had market downloading problems quite frequently. I have had the problem described by the OP.

I have found after a couple of downloads, if I delete the cache and clear data from the market, my downloads will resume without any problems. To do this, go to menu-applications-manage applications-all- then click on market. On the market tab you will find the button to push to clear cache and to clear data.

Works for me anyway.

I strongly suspect that your approach will work for many people (and many vexing problems.) Keeping track of data and cache can be a pita, however. For that reason I use an app called "Quick App Cache Cleaner."

If you're rooted, this app enables a "one touch" clearing of cache from a set of apps. Otherwise, it simply provides a list of apps sorted according to the amount of "data," "cache," or "data+cache." Tapping the app takes you to the generic "Manage Apps" screen on your Droid.

Very convenient.

P.S. This is also quite useful for problems associated with email and messaging if you don't keep the apps "cleaned out" on a regular basis.