Apps running in background, Help.

MordeKyle

Reaction score
Hi, I did a search and couldn't come up with an answer for this.

I have the HTC Droid Eris, and LOVE it. But I'm starting to get frustrated. Apps that I rarely use keep running in the background, and I don't want them to, they are killing my memory.

Apps like: Music, Albums, a game, and Express News.

Now, I use all of these apps from time to time, but I dont need them running constantly. I bought Advanced Task Killer, and I kill the apps, then less than a minute later they are running again. They are killing my memory and making the phone run slowly.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this that doesn't require uninstalling these apps.

I tired looking through the settings of each of the apps to see if I could disable it, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Hi, I did a search and couldn't come up with an answer for this.

I have the HTC Droid Eris, and LOVE it. But I'm starting to get frustrated. Apps that I rarely use keep running in the background, and I don't want them to, they are killing my memory.

Apps like: Music, Albums, a game, and Express News.

Now, I use all of these apps from time to time, but I dont need them running constantly. I bought Advanced Task Killer, and I kill the apps, then less than a minute later they are running again. They are killing my memory and making the phone run slowly.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this that doesn't require uninstalling these apps.

I tired looking through the settings of each of the apps to see if I could disable it, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Do some research first cuz this topic has been beat to death in this forum already..

here is a sticky for you: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

OP
M

MordeKyle

Reaction score
I read the posted link and it suggests that the apps that are running have little or no effect on memory. Bit, when I kill the apps I usually get about 20-30m back. That is a lot considering I only have 50m after killing the apps.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I read the posted link and it suggests that the apps that are running have little or no effect on memory. Bit, when I kill the apps I usually get about 20-30m back. That is a lot considering I only have 50m after killing the apps.

It doesn't matter how much you have left, Android will free up memory as it is needed just like all Unix operating systems.

OP
M

MordeKyle

Reaction score

It doesn't matter how much you have left, Android will free up memory as it is needed just like all Unix operating systems.

K, well new question then... how come this sucker is so slow?

bbtkd

Reaction score

K, well new question then... how come this sucker is so slow?

I'd install OSMonitor and see if you can spot anything taking up CPU or other resources. Might also reboot it.